TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon All

I've just bought myself an old TW125 following strong pressure from my stepson to go and play on the unclassified roads near him

thumbnail_WP_20190914_11_24_07_Pro.jpg

It has all the attributes I need

a) I'm an older giffer and I've never ridden off road so needed to be light to pick up
b) It's low for those of us with short legs
c) It's tatty so it wont matter how often I drop it

Watch this space as the journey begins

Tris

·
Registered
194 Posts
Welcome Tris,

I look forward to seeing your adventures :) These bikes are unbelievably forgiving for new riders (me) and fun as heck at the same time. Doesn't matter the terrain. They are kinda like a 1 wheel drive Defender 90. You might not get there first, but you'll get there.

EDIT - I like your trailer, too.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Welcome to the club. I started with the 200, but any of these bikes are legitimately enjoyable and easier to ride ... especially for learning off-road/trail riding. I too and new to that, and can attest that it's a terrifically fun bike, and off-road riding is equally enjoyable in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Welcome aboard Tris!
Congrats on the T-Dub...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Welcome Tris,

I look forward to seeing your adventures :) These bikes are unbelievably forgiving for new riders (me) and fun as heck at the same time. Doesn't matter the terrain. They are kinda like a 1 wheel drive Defender 90. You might not get there first, but you'll get there.

EDIT - I like your trailer, too.
Cheers re the trailer

The trailer is super cool (and new to me) 'cos it kneels down :eek:

It had been stood out for a while so needed some heat to release a few fasteners and the jockey wheel and a set of new bearings and tyres

There is none of this trying to keep the bike steady one handed while up in the air you just:-

a) kneel the trailer down by releasing the perimeter frame
b) roll the bike up the 2" step and into the wheel chock
c) strap 'er down
d) pull the perimeter frame down and lift the whole kit and kaboodle into the towing position :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome from another UK T-dubber. I have a 125 that is now a 200
Cheers

Once the POWER of the 125 becomes "less overwhelming" I might get back to you and see how that is achieved.

My other bike is a Moto Guzzi Breva 1100 so a bit like chalk and cheese ;)

·
Registered
350 Posts
Cheers

Once the POWER of the 125 becomes "less overwhelming" I might get back to you and see how that is achieved.

My other bike is a Moto Guzzi Breva 1100 so a bit like chalk and cheese ;)
My other one is a BMW R1150GS, so a similar extreme

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I've always liked the Breva, and I really fancy the new V85TT.
I had domestic management approval to buy a V85 but £11k seems like a LOT of money

I'll chop the 1100 Breva in for a 750 Breva or V7 at some point though as I'm getting a bit wary of trying to control 200+ Kg on my tip toes!

·
Registered
350 Posts
I had domestic management approval to buy a V85 but £11k seems like a LOT of money

I'll chop the 1100 Breva in for a 750 Breva or V7 at some point though as I'm getting a bit wry of trying to control 200+ Kg on my tip toes!
Yeah, I know what you mean on both scores.
I'm 56, 5' 8", 12 1/2 stone(ish) and it seems like the BM gets a bit heavier and a bit taller each time I take it out.

·
Registered
13,233 Posts

I'll chop the 1100 Breva in for a 750 Breva or V7 at some point though as I'm getting a bit wary of trying to control 200+ Kg on my tip toes!

"Domestic management", that's pretty funny. I refer to my better half as the "Finance Minister". Welcome to the forum and I hope you have a lot of fun riding the TW. Appearance wise it looks really nice. Like others have mentioned, that's a cool trailer.

TW fever, catch it! :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts