TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hail from South Africa and have been a fan of the little beastie for a long time.

First bike was a 2003 which I was stupid enough to sell a few years later, but wise enough to re-purchase again a few years after that. Now modified with XT tank and tubeless rear tyre (amongst others) it is my favourite bike and still has only 10 000km's on the clock.

I have had two others through the years - an immaculate 2009 with about 400km's on the clock and, in my humble opinion, the most beautiful of all the coulour schemes - a 2010. Like before I rue the fact that I sold those bikes as good TW's are becoming scarcer to find and more expensive in my neck of the woods.

My other rides currently is an old Fugly (Gen 1 KLR and a GS800 Adventure) whilst I fiddle away with a rebuild of a YPVS 350 to keep me busy.

In case you are wondering what "Kykdaar" means....it can be translated to "look there" (at the birds, the scenery, etc) which is what I love to do whilst slowly riding down a dirt track or road.

View attachment 187952

Modified.jpg

10000.jpg

2008 or 9.jpg

2010.jpg

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Welcome from New York/USA.

Reactions: jtomelliott49

·
Registered
20,462 Posts
Welcome Kykdaar, sounds like you really know your TWs.

Reactions: jtomelliott49

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Welcome from the middle of the USA. I'm curious about the YPVS350.....what is it?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Morning (I think, I'm currently in Vietnam on holiday) from another South African Kykdaar!

I'm usually based in Durban with a 2012 which is my almost daily rider though I'm 5kms from work so the mileage ia also still low!

Where are you based?

·
Registered
606 Posts
Welcome from the State of Sin. Nevada USA. Last in education, first in fun. :sign5::eek:ccasion14:

·
Super Moderator
1,920 Posts
Welcome to the fun.

Please tell us more about your tubeless rear tire.:)

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Hey "Birdwatcher"...welcome from Texas!

Reactions: Ken
1 - 12 of 12 Posts