TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So recently someone posted a link to "fleabay" with some grey Forma adventure low boots for sale.....$150 with free 2nd day shipping.
I, as probably several of you on here thought that these must be knockoffs, Chinese imports etc etc.
To quote from the listing....""Brand new limited dark grey colored boots. They were surplus stock from a special non catalog OEM order."
I had never seen grey ones offered, only the brown and black versions, I wanted the brown version, however for 90 bucks off retail I was willing to take a risk.
They arrived as advertised, no box but wrapped well in a FedEx poly bag.
First impressions are that these are legit, if they are knockoffs they are really well done knockoffs! I have handled the Forma Adventures before, although never tried them on, and these seemed to be the real thing.
I ordered a size 10, I am normally a 10-10.5 in most shoes, these are a strong ten with some volume, I will be adding another insole to take up some of that volume in the future.
I have been wearing them for a couple of hours here in my home office and all seems to be working as advertised. However, with no venting, these will be pretty warm in the Utah summers I am sure. Buckles are easy to adjust and the sole is stiff, not rigid, but much stiffer than my Oboz hiking boots for example.
I will give these a "recommend" for sure....Ill save the "highly recommend" for after I put some miles on them and see how they hold up.
FYI - Lou

Boots.jpg Boots1.jpg Boots2.jpg BootsManual.jpg

·
Registered
40 Posts
Anyone with a wider foot is going to really enjoy them. I have three pairs from Forma now, Adventure, Cape Horn and Voyagers and use them for the TW, Super Tenere and street bikes respectively. The Adventure is pretty good, not quite as tough as the old Alpinestar Adventures they replaced, but stopped doing foolish things off road with a KLR and didn't feel the need for boots to the knee (that were tough walking in) on the TW. The grey looks great!

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Hes is a legit eBay seller. I bough the 5 pairs of forma boots from him over the last year. Those are a good deal..

So recently someone posted a link to "fleabay" with some grey Forma adventure low boots for sale.....$150 with free 2nd day shipping.
I, as probably several of you on here thought that these must be knockoffs, Chinese imports etc etc.
To quote from the listing....""Brand new limited dark grey colored boots. They were surplus stock from a special non catalog OEM order."
I had never seen grey ones offered, only the brown and black versions, I wanted the brown version, however for 90 bucks off retail I was willing to take a risk.
They arrived as advertised, no box but wrapped well in a FedEx poly bag.
First impressions are that these are legit, if they are knockoffs they are really well done knockoffs! I have handled the Forma Adventures before, although never tried them on, and these seemed to be the real thing.
I ordered a size 10, I am normally a 10-10.5 in most shoes, these are a strong ten with some volume, I will be adding another insole to take up some of that volume in the future.
I have been wearing them for a couple of hours here in my home office and all seems to be working as advertised. However, with no venting, these will be pretty warm in the Utah summers I am sure. Buckles are easy to adjust and the sole is stiff, not rigid, but much stiffer than my Oboz hiking boots for example.
I will give these a "recommend" for sure....Ill save the "highly recommend" for after I put some miles on them and see how they hold up.
FYI - Lou

View attachment 190336 View attachment 190338 View attachment 190340 View attachment 190342

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Thanks for the review, Wingnut.

I was going to post the link to the forum myself (not knowing someone already had), but never got around to it. Mine are arriving today. I originally saw the link posted in a Facebook group I'm on. There was a fairly decent argument between the poster of the link and a Forma distributor/rep about them being knockoffs, but after someone finally got a reply from Forma about them being from an OEM deal gone south, the Forma rep conceded.

The only issues I've read about the Forma Adventure boots (regular and Low) are that the soles are attached with what amounts to double-sided tape. I figured at the $150 price, I don't mind keeping a tube of Shoe Goo handy. It will also be nice having a second pair of boots. The Adventure lows will be my commute/rain/cold boots, and my Terra Evos will be used for rougher rides and rides where I won't need the waterproof and thermal inserts for my moto pants - I didn't find out until the Evos arrived that they are too big at the top of the boot for those layers of my moto pants.

·
Super Moderator
4,857 Posts
Speaking of which, I’m about to order a pair of full length Forma Adventure boots myself - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Forma-Adventure-Leather-Motorcycle-Boots-Black-or-Brown/351312110364?hash=item51cbd5631c:m:mrbtNuM3K9dFfO9xBNBy8mw:rk:2:pf:1&frcectupt=true

My present boots are a bit tight, which is fine for road work, but once off the bike, they can “pinch a little”. As such, it’s the fit that matters to me, that and the toughness of the leather, and whether or not they’re waterproof

Any and all comments would be appreciated ……

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Those are good boots. Average pricing for them as far as what I see.

Speaking of which, I’m about to order a pair of full length Forma Adventure boots myself - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Forma-Adventure-Leather-Motorcycle-Boots-Black-or-Brown/351312110364?hash=item51cbd5631c:m:mrbtNuM3K9dFfO9xBNBy8mw:rk:2:pf:1&frcectupt=true

My present boots are a bit tight, which is fine for road work, but once off the bike, they can “pinch a little”. As such, it’s the fit that matters to me, that and the toughness of the leather, and whether or not they’re waterproof

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
That guy has crazy good deals all the time. I got $500+ predator 2's for 75% off last month and now dominators tx 2's for $200 off.. these are awesome boots for $300, but for $99.00! Wow. I have enough mx boots till I'm dead now. Watch this guy he will drop prices when he needs cash and then they go back up. If you watch you win.

Hes is a legit eBay seller. I bough the 5 pairs of forma boots from him over the last year. Those are a good deal..

·
Registered
40 Posts
Purple,
I wear an 11.5 to 12 wide US mens… the newer styles of sneakers and shoes in WIDE allowing the 11.5. My Formas are all size 46 'euro' and are a great fit. They've all proven very waterproof after many long days in the rain and stream crossings, seem to be wearing very well. If the water doesn't come in over the top, my feet stay dry.
Previously, pretty much everything required a kettle of boiling water with some squatting to get enough room for the fifth toe and lots of break in time, these fit great out of the box. The Adventure is enough boot for the TW, without going full Power Ranger plastic motocross boot. I actually tend to grab my Cape Horns the most often, a little less padding, but quickly becoming my 'do everything' boot.

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Yea those cape horns are nice indeed.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Wife got me a pair of Forma Adventure Low in black for xmas after I broke my ankle (turns out you can't drift a TW on pavement). I haven't worn them riding yet as it has been sub-freezing/snowy/icy since then and I'm just getting the bike put back together, but I've been wearing them as daily footwear to break them in. They seems to be a pretty decent boot. Not full-on storm trooper, but definitely a lot more protection than the Duluth work boots I had been using as my riding boots, and they're starting to get comfy with some walking mileage on them. Being Italian I was concerned about them fitting as it's hard to find comfortable footwear of any type for larger footed gents, but these are actually not bad at all.

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Forma's are known to be plenty wide but it is also well know to go up a size. They are a bit short in length when using their euro to us size chart. This is well documented in plenty of enduro and mx formums where they are popular boots. In actuality they are 1/2 size small in their conversion chart.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts

Go up a size. I wear a USA 12. I ordered the High Forma Adventure as a 13. It was spot-on.
So you know, this is a comfortable & good walking boot as well, right out of the box.

However if this is your first boot of this sort it can take time to get used to them in relation to the bargain-basement shifting and shifter of a TW200. As opposed to regular MC boots, boot, shoes or sneakers (whatever you wear?).

·
Super Moderator
4,857 Posts
I’m a UK8 / 42

Yeah, I know, but it saves on the oversized foot pegs —I’m used to the style of boot, but the ones I have at present tend to be a bit small and pinch my toes. Fine on the bike, but not so good off it. Gets uncomfortable on foot after half an hour — that, plus the “straps” are completely detachable when not in use. Forma had the same thing initially, but fixed that on the later version

Do me a favour — take a look at their sizing chart and tell me what you think - https://www.formaboots.com.au/pages/sizing

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
So my feet run a little wide and I normally wear a 10 1/2 in a wide and 11 in regular width. My Forma adventures lows are a 44 and fit great. They are very water proof, My wife has a pair too and she loves hers.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I'm a straight-up 11M US, and my last 3 pairs of 45EU boots (2 are Forma) were spot on. A pair of Dr. Scholl's "Work" insoles for each makes for icing on the cake.

forma.jpg

·
Registered
28 Posts
I got my pair of these from Ebay today. They are very nice. I believe them to be the black ones and not Grey. I wear 10.5 Wide and the 11/45 fit great. Thanks for the lead.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have a Forma high in brown for sale if needed. Size 42. Worn 2 days for motorcycle safety course. Never worn again. They were my wife's and she doesn't want to ride. I still love my pair. Hers look brand new. Let me know if anyone is interested and I'll post photos showing condition.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts