TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am excited and proud to be the new owner of a gently used 06 TW 200. But being from Minnesota will be a long wait to get any seat time on the TW. Right now my thermometer says -19.8 degrees F. Found this forum and you guys have convinced me I am missing out on a good thing. Got educated here went and tried one out (heated storage building) and I bought the same day. Not new to MC, have owned several over the years and currently have a Virago 250 and a Honda Shadow Spirit 1100 in the garage but feel like a little kid every time I sit on the TW 200. Now the mods start.

·
Super Moderator
18,136 Posts
Welcome.

This is a great forum and there are lots of good folks here to help if you need it.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
Welcome to the forum Grizzly!

I lived in Minneapolis for nearly 15 years so I know what you mean about your TW being parked for awhile (unless you wanted to stud up your tires and take it out on a lake!). Now I like being able to drive a couple of hours to visit the snow, rather than shoveling it for 5 months.

Send us some pics of your bike and let know us what mods you plan to make so you'll be ready when things start to thaw out up there.

Brian

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, It is still at the dealer hoping for warmer weather to go pick it up. It has a rack on it and have ordered foot pegs for it. I noticed that right away when I rode it that the larger foot pegs would be a must have.
I had looked for a while and not too many used ones up in this neck of the woods.

Chuck

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
welcome grizzly,
with it sitting in storage, you have several months to plan all the great mods to do to it.... even if you get some strange questions: what is that thing? didn't you just buy it, and you're already changing it? what is that big ass tire??

congrats,
joe

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is going to be a great way to kick off the new year and a good place to spend all these cold winter nights. Merry Christmas everybody.

Chuck

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Welcome Mr. Grizzly!. You made a wise choice in the TW200. If it has not been done already,figure on rejetting the machine. It will run cooler and be more responsive. There are threads on this very thing if you are not familiar with the procedure?. If you have not already noticed,this TW family is quite functional !. Your correct,now the FUN begins!.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I,m from MN also, but thankfully I,m old and winter in TX,and have the TW with me and ride almost everyday. You will enjoy your TW, as there are no roads too tough for the TW. It may be slow but then so are goats.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Ya sure, yoo bought a good one. I'm in Shoreview, and want some saddle time too. Welcome to the forum. A great group of people here.

Reactions: grizzlygpa

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think this is going to be a great multi-purpose bike. I do a lot of four wheeling up north and plan on bringing the T-Dub with to run around on some old forest roads. And I plan on retiring this year and spending winters in a little warmer climate. So wherever I go the T-Dub goes.

Chuck

·
Registered
287 Posts
Welcome aboard Grizz! I live in Excelsior, MN and, like you, am enjoying the cold weather. Gives me time to finish mods for the spring trip and work on my antique pistols. Hope to see you on the trail some time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts