TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Banned
Discussion Starter #1

Registered
You can buy a Grom easier than a TW. Kids have bought them and then gotten bored with them as the payments continue. They ask ridiculous prices for them on CL - but some of them are going to wake up and accept a used-bike price for a used machine.

If you were going to trick out a Grom, I'd start with one with some wear on it. Maybe one made into one of those freaks with an ultra-long swing arm, or something...just partly change it back, put seats and rubber on it...and you have a new-age Honda Minibike.

Registered
Replacement for my DR200 when it finally dies? Hmm. These are looking seriously awesome, in both trims (although I think I prefer this one: http://blog.caranddriver.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Honda-Grom-Scrambler-Two-01-626x382.jpg )! I totally dig the skid plate on there. And it looks like Honda fixed the biggest issue with dual sporting a Grom - the low hanging exhaust - sweet! Also, I've seen a regular Grom set up with some ProTaper bars and lever guards. Throw that on the Grom Scrambler and you have a proper 125 dual sport minibike! Moving these past concept status would be a smart move for Honda! Essentially this will give them an extremely affordable "sport bike" and "dual sport" for high school kids and anyone who loves fun - a wide market indeed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts