TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Try standing up on the pegs with knees bent more on the faster/rougher stuff.
It's a little hard to get used to but it's like having another coupla inches of suspension!
Thanks for the ride...:D

270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try standing up on the pegs with knees bent more on the faster/rougher stuff.
It's a little hard to get used to but it's like having another coupla inches of suspension!
Thanks for the ride...:D
Noted!

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I think he has done upgrades to that Grom. The stock one I had was not wanting to do anything with any kind of small ruts. Of course it could have been just me not wanting to break it.

But now that Honda is coming out with the new Monkey ( family and I never had money for mini-bikes or the '70s mini-trails; so being the reason I bought the Grom): I want one of those even though it is less capable (no passenger pegs) than the Grom.

270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think he has done upgrades to that Grom. The stock one I had was not wanting to do anything with any kind of small ruts. Of course it could have been just me not wanting to break it.

But now that Honda is coming out with the new Monkey ( family and I never had money for mini-bikes or the '70s mini-trails; so being the reason I bought the Grom): I want one of those even though it is less capable (no passenger pegs) than the Grom.
I believe so. I know he has an aftermarket exhaust, but I'm not sure about about any engine upgrades.

Yeah, the Monkey wins on style points alone! Can't go wrong either way!

270 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LMAO He was riding that little fart like he stole it. I kept waiting for the dust to clear and then you having to backtrack to where he slid down a hill.
No doubt! There's very little room for error up there!

270 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A taste of single track can lead to an addiction.
Nice to have the Grom as a riding companion I bet. Those things are a hoot!
So true! I'm constantly looking for my next fix of single track!

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
you guys have some awesome places to ride out there...i'm jealous...few and far between, controlled and full of rocks

i would imagine other than tires on the grom maybe he did some suspension upgrades?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts