TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
That there's some good news. Lighter, better protecting helmets are welcome in my world.
Oh and not costing damn near as much as a TW would be good too! As I get older I am
thinking I'm gonna hafta wear one at all times, not just motorcycling........but walking around
in case of falls.
Thanks for sharing that LT

Registered
I always thought the old styrofoam liners would be too hard to absorb much impact. Something like the closed cell foam in football helmets would absorb and cushion more. Sound like that's where we're headed, pun intended.

Registered
Remember that the function that helmets are designed for is to protect your head from injury when you fall to the ground from about a 5 or 6' height and strike your head, and to protect from road rash when you slide along the pavement. (That is why you should get a full face helmet, not a brain bucket open face helmet). No helmet will protect your head from slamming into a wall or any other object at 40-50+ mph, or a tree at speed. While your head may not suffer injury, you will break your neck anyway, so what's the difference? The helmet is to protect you in a fall, just remember that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts