TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had my left rear blinker drown in a puddle while dual sporting. I found a loose connection on the right panel (white tab) and reconnected it, checked fuses, wiggled cables there and under rear fender. Still the left rear blinker is not working. The housing was cracked and the bulb was broken. I replaced the bulb. Still haven't taken the seat off to check cables yet? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Disconnect blinker and test with an ohm meter, also test bulb with meter to make sure it is good. I'm betting that something is broken in the socket itself, the meter will verify it (or not) but this would be a good place to start.

·
Registered
19,587 Posts
From corrosion visible on broken bulb I would expect to see similar white gook inside socket . Clean any corrosion inside socket and socket terminals. Check socket's ground and hot terminals with ohm meter if replaced bulb still doesn't illuminate.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had a neighbor's landlord help me today. He started playing with the cable hookups under the read fender and the turn signal now works! Might have been a loose connection or moisture issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts