TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

Registered
Welcome aboard, Brother!

Registered
Planning on staging at kelly鈥檚 Pond staging area 11/19 unless some knows a better spot. I鈥檝e never rode there before.
I went and hiked some of the Lonestar hiking trail today with my brother and daughter. We nearly walked to Kelly's pond from my lot. After hiking back we drove to the pond. There were some bikes and trailers in the area. That looks like a good spot.

Registered
2006 TW200, 1996 TW200
I had been recently preparing my bike for some fall and winter riding so, my son and I drove out to the 208 Trailhead a couple weeks ago to check it out and see what I will be getting myself into. That trailhead is marked with a "P" on the map a little north of Kelly's Pond. We walked up the "String" trail for about a hundred yards or so. From the start of it, there were moderately big whoops with a pretty deep sand base for most of it. There were some other patches of dirt as well but we say mostly sand. On our way out, there was a group of riders taking a break so chatted with them a bit. I asked if all the trails were as sandy as that one and got mixed answers but what they all agreed on was that the eastern set of trails was less sandy and probably an easier ride for the uninitiated to the SHNF. I plan to check out the western side in the next week or 2.
Ecoregion Map World Parallel Font

Registered
2006 TW200, 1996 TW200
It's looking like rain on Saturday guys. What do you think about that? So much of the time the forecast is not very accurate here, so you never know. Also, say it doesn't rain, who is still up for this ride and do we have a time and place? Kelly's Pond still seems good to me.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts