TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my 06 on the road about 1 year ago. I just hit 5k miles and its a bit of a milestone for me and I'm quite proud of hitting it this quickly given Upstate NYs ability to make being a motorcycle rider quite a task. With the amount of time I've spent on my wonderful Fat Bottom Girl over the past year I'm coming to a terrifying realization. I am outgrowing her. I'm comfortable on multi lane roads and highway speeds. I don't feel the constant need to be able to put a foot flat on the ground at all times, off road or on. The low seat height seams to be a little uncomfortable on the legs now. I want to go faster. I would like to be able to tackle some more serious off road adventures. I need something different.

With all that being said. Why do I keep looking at my favorite toy and wondering how I can make it work? There's so many options out there that would suit my needs better, DRZs, DRs, any of the 450 enduros, KLRs, the list goes on and on...

So many bikes that would check all the boxes for the next step on my two wheel adventures. But like many of you, why did I have to fall in love with this slow, fugly, big butt lady we call the TDub?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have no intentions of letting this bike leave my family. My dads talked about wanting to ride for a while, so he may end up getting my wonderful TW. The other option is kind of different but I like it. I'm considering disassembling my bike and putting it together in my basement. Then when my boy comes of age and wants to ride, it will be waiting for him. All the has to do is take apart and move it outside. So he can learn about wrenching and all that fun stuff and actually work for his reward.

·
Super Moderator
17,989 Posts
Just don't sell it, you will regret it. Keep us posted when you get another bike, we want to see it!! :D

·
Super Moderator
5,159 Posts
Dude - It's OK to outgrow the TW - but hang on to her - for those moments when you long for your childhood .........

·
Registered
15 Posts
The TW is quite pleasant on road suspension wise. I have had mine only a few days, and I stopped worrying about things like pot holes, curbs, dead animals in the road, etc. FZ09 had to go through a patch of muddy water today, I rolled through it clutch in and it got a little sketchy... Any power to the rear wheel in would have been spin city. Also, any little defect in the road my FZ09 is screaming at me, TW200 doesn't give a shit. Now, she speaks to me, smallest motorcycle motor I have and it is the loudest by far, also, loves to attempt to vibrate the frame apart.

·
Super Moderator
17,989 Posts
Good think you don't live in Idaho. Admiral would be leading a home invasion on you.!!! ;)

·
Registered
13,654 Posts

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I have the same feelings. I had the hardest time NOT pulling the trigger on a BMW 450 dual sport. I talked to a guy on a KLR650 a couple weeks ago....said it was two cylinder. I was surprised. I like the DR from what I've heard/read.

·
Registered
638 Posts
It isn't really possible to keep every motorcycle you ever own, but it is also true that I miss and regret every one I have sold. Even the Yamaha AT1 that was trying to kill me back in my youth.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Keep the TW if at all possible. Look at Honda's CB500X. Inexpensive comparatively to other " big" bikes......huge assortment of factory and aftermarket goodies.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Those are all the old fashioned manually operated ones. Don't you have any modern electronic hammers?
Like this one? Not like the old fashion one's with only 2 areas of impact at the most, this one has (Drum Roll Please).... 12!!!
$_57.JPG

·
Super Moderator
17,989 Posts
That's a needle gun.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts