TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got another bike. It is a single cylinder 500cc actual(492), 2.8 gallon tank, mpg is pretty close to the TW, it has a carburetor, hydraulic lifters, air cooled, 34 hp, It weighs 121 lbs more than the TW wet, it has skinny tires, this bike was made in the 2000's and is no longer made, loved by some and despised by others. What is your guess on the make and model of the bike? Internet searches later, please.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Buell Blast?
Man, you got it on the first try. I got it for a great deal with enough parts to build up or repair another one. Some say the TW has an on and off clutch, the Buell is worse. To much gas and not enough slip and you'll be riding a wheelie. I have to see if there is an adjustment for that. I figured this bike would be good for some in town scooting and it is nimble like the TW. Maybe no curb hopping though with that pipe under the bottom. It has some screaming eagle upgrades so I don't know exactly what all it has.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Well technically, it is a Blast! that Exclamation point was in the registered trademark. Nailed the ID though, kudo's. I got one for my wife's 2nd bike, lasted 1500 miles. Did not know Screamin Eagle made parts for it, figured they would come from the Gargling Sparrow line of accessories. Pics Please!

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pics in my garage would give you all nightmares. I should probably take pics and put a hammer somewhere in the photo and make it kind of like where's Waldo to search for the hammer. I will pull my bikes out tomorrow and take some pics. I had an unusual 12 hr day, you can say I'm a little tired.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Pics in my garage would give you all nightmares. I should probably take pics and put a hammer somewhere in the photo and make it kind of like where's Waldo to search for the hammer. I will pull my bikes out tomorrow and take some pics. I had an unusual 12 hr day, you can say I'm a little tired.
Admiral will find it outright! :)

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here are a couple of pics of my new Buell with 600 miles on it. The guy who had it like to tinker but not ride I believe. The sad thing is that he passed within the last year with riding it so few miles. I bought it from a friend of mine who knows his friend kind of thing. Maybe I can convert it into a TWuell. I don't know what kind of gearing this thing has but that rear belt drive is at least 12" around. Also some pics of my Shadow Spirit. Bonus pics of my old Astro Van. The TW is hiding in the garage.

tharear
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Plant

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Congrats. Based on the description, I thought you might have gotten a Royal Enfield. I guess they tend(ed) to make even less power, LOL.

Reactions: Ken

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I was thinking of painting the muffler on the bottom of the bike to look like a bomb, what do you think?
scroll down for both pics.

Bombs away isolated on white Authentic WW II Bomb that was used in B17 type bomber. CLIPPING PATH INCLUDED. bomb stock pictures, royalty-free photos & images
DO IT !

Reactions: Ken

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The seat on the blast looks comfy.
It is actually a very comfy seat. I have the tall seat and the seat for short riders. I have enough parts to build up another bike. I'll have to see if I can find another deal.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I went to the DPS today and got my registration for my Buell. I took it down the freeway for the first time. That little bike is torquey. I twisted the gas to start getting up on the freeway and it's a good thing I was holding on. I slid back on the seat when I was accelerating. I was going about 70mph and it was running good. I thought about trying for another gear. Hey, there is another gear here. So you can go 60-70mph and there is still one more gear. I've been adding my MMO and it is running better and better. I had it idled down to about 1000 rpm and figured as it ran better it would idle higher. It ended up idling about 1400 rpm after my ride. MMO is doing its job and cleaning the carb up. 2002, it now has about 650 miles on it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts