TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On the road it is a bit snakey at speed but I want it for low speed on logging roads and it's quite manageable for that and I don't have to swing my leg over it to get on and off the bike and it is solid and even better then I thought it would be but it's not something you would want to ride down the Hwy. with for too long.

·
Registered
2 Posts
ssgttrillium - thanks for your idea. What model Kolpin case and mount did you get? Also, I am putting a Cyclerack front rack on my bike and this may get in the way of the mount. I am going to the San Juan mountains in October and I am trying to get the right set up for my 2002 TW: mount for my Browning, storage for tripod, extra fuel, water, food, rain gear, recovery items like rope, saw, skid, bags. I have started with front and rear cycle racks. I am also looking for the right gearing to deal with the change in elevation…i just hope i don't send too much on these mods…

·
Registered
296 Posts
I made a horizontal gun mount on my XT350 that goes above the head light, in front of the handle bars. Also i install a 5-shell holder on the bolts that hold the bars down. Its nice and balenced on either side so going as fast as 85 on the highway is no different than without a gun. I can take pics if you want them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts