·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
71+TqXmmZ6L__SL1083_.jpg I ordered this on Amazon a nice Sidewinder snake on it. .

·
Registered
746 Posts
I like the little mini-revolvers, and have three of them myself. No Sidewinders, though.
I've been thinking about getting either the 3" 1860 or 2.5" Sheriff, with both cylinders.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like the little mini-revolvers, and have three of them myself. No Sidewinders, though.
I've been thinking about getting either the 3" 1860 or 2.5" Sheriff, with both cylinders.
This will be my first mini, I like that the cylinder is like a full size gun this will fit in my Ruger LCP pocket holster. a small gun is better then no gun! this will also be with me when I walk the dog.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Here's my snake gun....

Click on pic.
.458 SOCOM 001.JPG

.458 SOCOM.

.458 SOCOM vs 5.56 NATO.

Click on pic.
.458 SOCOM 002.JPG

325 grain Hornady FTX at 1840 fps.

I'm looking for some HE/Incendiary projectiles in case the FTX just doesn't do it's job.

In all honesty snakes are good, not bad. I would never kill a snake, on purpose.

Freakin yellow jackets, hornets and wasps on the other hand.... I need a flame thrower upper for my AR.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here's my snake gun....

Click on pic.
View attachment 22088

.458 SOCOM.

.458 SOCOM vs 5.56 NATO.

Click on pic.
View attachment 22089

325 grain Hornady FTX at 1840 fps.

I'm looking for some HE/Incendiary projectiles in case the FTX just doesn't do it's job.

In all honesty snakes are good, not bad. I would never kill a snake, on purpose.

Freakin yellow jackets, hornets and wasps on the other hand.... I need a flame thrower upper for my AR.
The only Snake I know of in Michigan is Jim Harbaugh .

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Don't you have a couple of our rejects down there? Rod re gweez or something like that. Freeder was another one.

Actually there are no poisonous snakes up here in DA UP. I have gobs of black, rat, blue racers and other small snakes but if I can get to them before the wife sees them everyone is much better off.

·
Registered
976 Posts
NAA makes a fine revolver. Almost certainly the finest craftsmanship that you can buy in a firearm at this price point.

Sure, it's small, but I sure as hell don't want to get shot with one. The ballistics from much larger sized mouse guns aren't significantly better, in my mind if you're going small go really small with an NAA.

I love mine, I'm sure you'll love yours too.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Don't you have a couple of our rejects down there? Rod re gweez or something like that. Freeder was another one.

Actually there are no poisonous snakes up here in DA UP. I have gobs of black, rat, blue racers and other small snakes but if I can get to them before the wife sees them everyone is much better off.
Rodrigues is at the university of Arizona Tucson football and Feeder basketball was at ASU 10+ years back.
sometimes I will not see a Rattlesnake for years and then you step over one.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Down state there are rattlers. I remember one time shooting a High Power match at Camp Grayling and after my course of fire we went forward to police brass. I put my hand down to pick up a piece of .308 brass and withing 10 inches of my hand I saw the unmistakable shape of a fat snake, Mississauga Rattlesnake. That's way closer than I would ever want to come to one. I guess they are not deadly but a guy lost half his arm after being bit by one on a golf course not far from Camp Grayling.

·
Registered
746 Posts
We have Timber (AKA Canebreak) rattlers here, and they are quite common too. But the ones I hate are copperheads. Their bite is not as bad as the rattlesnakes ('tho you can lose a limb to them) but they are far more likely to bite, not only because they have a propensity to bite but also because they get right up in your stuff. In your woodpile, in your shed, under your house, even in your house if they can find a way in.
The rattlesnakes around here tend to give areas of human activity a wide berth, and they also are much more likely to give you the benefit of doubt.

I like and have had good results with both CCI .22 LR and .22 Magnum shot loads for snakes. I also actively patrol my yard looking for copperheads, usually with an airgun. A semi-auto, co2 powered BB gun works great on snakes without damaging walls etc.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Eastern Timber Rattlers here and they can be as fat as your forearm and up to 7 feet long. Not a snake to be messed with but also a rather fair reptile that almost always avoids humans and will warn you if startled. Bees on the other hand are my worst enemy being allergic to them. A rattler strikes fear in me but the bees strike pure terror. I don't kill snakes but would gladly kill every bee I could.

GaryL

·
Registered
422 Posts
I am always distressed at handguns. I am not a fan of tools which are really only good for two things - killing people and robbing banks. Canadian attitude I guess but why do people want hand guns - defense is always the answer - but defence against whom? Snakes? I do not accept this as needing a $350 tool.
Just my opinion of course.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
I am always distressed at handguns. I am not a fan of tools which are really only good for two things - killing people and robbing banks. Canadian attitude I guess but why do people want hand guns - defense is always the answer - but defence against whom? Snakes? I do not accept this as needing a $350 tool.
Just my opinion of course.
Not a "Canadian Attitude" but the very standard "Liberal" one. You say "Only good for killing people and robbing banks" but you forget or avoid the most important function of guns, Protecting people! I have quite a few guns and not one of them have ever killed a person or robbed a bank but every one of them are ready to protect you and me at a moments notice. If confronted by an angry Grizzly bear or nasty thug I suppose you might wish for someone with a gun to bail you out. Guns are tools to protect life and liberty.

GaryL

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I'm with you there Gary. I hate bees, hornets, wasps, I do give the fuzzy bumble bees and honey bees a pass, but anything else with a stinger I go after with a vengeance.

Polarpilot. Don't buy one then. Simple.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts