TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Given the recent gun related posts I thought I'd post something that ties them with TWs.

I recently took delivery of a new S&W 929 which came with a cable gun lock. Since I keep my guns in a safe I don't have a use for the locks but thought I'd see how it fits on the TW. I know it won't stop a couple of crooks from picking it up and throwing it into a truck or a cable cutter but it should at least discourage the casual thief from walking away with it. Would never really work for extended parking on the street but for quick errands to the local businesses it would help insure it's still there when you come back.

image.jpg

·
Super Moderator
17,923 Posts
That's the littlest bike lock I've ever seen, but you are right, it might help for a minute or two!! :D

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
If somebody wants a TW they will just pick it up and put it in the back of a pickup truck if the wheel is locked. Those gun locks work much better for locking a full face helmet onto the bike to prevent that from walking away.

·
Registered
262 Posts
If somebody wants a TW they will just pick it up and put it in the back of a pickup truck if the wheel is locked. Those gun locks work much better for locking a full face helmet onto the bike to prevent that from walking away.
Lock the helmet too the front spokes. Just the confusion will slow them down.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Nice idea! However, a potential source of embarassment and a bit of likely damage is to begin to ride off with the lock still on the wheel. It will always happen when someone is watching and you are distracted by and attractive individual. I speak from experience with a disc lock--

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
You would be better off running it thru the disk I have a disk lock.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Nice idea! However, a potential source of embarassment and a bit of likely damage is to begin to ride off with the lock still on the wheel. It will always happen when someone is watching and you are distracted by and attractive individual. I speak from experience with a disc lock--
but if you locked your helmit to the wheel....

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thanks for the responses. Looping through the disk does look like a better way to do it. Point defiantly taken that this is only a minor deterrent.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Anybody just use the steering lock? Bike also comes with a helmet lock... I wish more bikes came with a helmet lock. FZ09, not a damn place to put a helmet, they give you a strap to hang a helmet off the side of the bike...

·
Read Only
1,175 Posts
I've used the lock that came with my beretta neos for that exact purpose for years. Not exactly necessary on the tw though since it has it's own lock.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts