TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had looked at some of the scabbard mounts on the old site but when I go into the archives and try to search it won't do anything. There was a memeber that had the Kolpin hard scabbard mounted to a cycleracks rear rack. I would like to look at the setup again and where they got it. If you are that memeber could you either post some photos for me again or send me a message where you got the scabbard. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
The old forum should be searchable with Google.

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Think a couple of the guys carry rifles during hunting season. One I believe is Tracy our moderator and another is Ronnydog. Here is Tracy's bike (Goldenhtr). Gerry

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had looked at some of the scabbard mounts on the old site but when I go into the archives and try to search it won't do anything. There was a memeber that had the Kolpin hard scabbard mounted to a cycleracks rear rack. I would like to look at the setup again and where they got it. If you are that memeber could you either post some photos for me again or send me a message where you got the scabbard. Thanks.

I'm sure the ATV mount can be modified to fit the cyclerack, if it needs any modifying at all.

·
Super Moderator
1,912 Posts
Here are a couple pics of my Kolpin

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to all. Goldenhtr, yours is the one I remembered looking at although the thought of a pair of six guns would work. Goldenhtr, did you have to modify the mounting bracket at all?

·
Super Moderator
1,912 Posts
Thanks to all. Goldenhtr, yours is the one I remembered looking at although the thought of a pair of six guns would work. Goldenhtr, did you have to modify the mounting bracket at all?

Yes I got tired of removing the gas can mount to put on the scabbard mount. So I just drilled the top of the gas can mount to hold my scabbard holder. Works well and I just take off the scabbard holder when it's not needed. I use the gas can mounts mainly for my panniers to mount to as I carry my gas on the back.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts

Here's my fork-mounted Kolpin.

Angle iron bracket mounts to fork tube bolts. Old-style Kolpin, but newer style with knob could be adapted.

Works great, 'cept it acts like a sail in truck turbulence out on the slab.

Keeps my rack space freed up for a Ronniedog style photo-op.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Goldenhtr,

What is the lining material in the newer Kolpins?

Mine are the older fleece liner. I'm told they've changed it. Just wondering what's better about it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can you guys that used Photobucket put up new pictures? Also all the links above just take me to the same place (using tpatalk) almost all the pictures are gone now do to Photobucket policy changes

Sorry first post. Just bought a 2017 TW I've had bw200's for a long time but just stepped up to a tw couldn't resist anymore.

I should add I'm thinking of the front fork tube as my mounting location. Kolpin case.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I also was going to say that I couldn't see any of the pictures posted and thought it was on my end. Now understand that it Photobucket screwing all their customers. So glad I never go involved with them. Hope you guys at least can get back all the pictures you stored with them?

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! :D
Can you guys that used Photobucket put up new pictures? Also all the links above just take me to the same place (using tpatalk) almost all the pictures are gone now do to Photobucket policy changes

Sorry first post. Just bought a 2017 TW I've had bw200's for a long time but just stepped up to a tw couldn't resist anymore.

I should add I'm thinking of the front fork tube as my mounting location. Kolpin case.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well finally had some time to engineer this today. This is a new style Kolpin and I did have to remove the turn signals to get it how I wanted it. I have cycle racks front and rear so decided to just poke some holes in the scabbern and use big fender washers on the inside. To attach it to the front rack I just simply used 5/8" cable clamps with nylock nuts (all bolts,nuts,washers stainless). With the fleece liner back in there is no way my weapon will be damaged. I decided front because I carry my kids a lot and just wasn't comfortable for them on rear with a bulky scabbern.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
I mounted mine from the rear rack and right passenger peg...solid and it stays there thru the Winter or until I get too cold to ride the TW and switch to a 4 wheeler. Lot easier to haul critters on the 4 wheeler. I have something similar on the snow machines too.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts