TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19,406 Posts
Very nice. Hi-Vis vest is a good addition, not only does it have good safety value but it really makes you stand out in the drone footage.
I believe your gun turrets are likely for antennae or as an observation post at best. They lack a beefy enough structure necessary for a radome much less for a triple A emplacement. Our WWII coastal Observation Posts and gun emplacements tended to be a bit more robust in hopes of enduring the expected counter battery fire. Here are a few from around the San Francisco defense zones.

Marin-Coast-with-old-gun-emplacement.jpg Marin-Coast-with-old-gun-emplacement.jpg

View attachment 182246 Whatever they are they sure make for a good TW destination.
Well done Sir!

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Great video. I have to be honest and tell you a few times while I watched I wished someone else was riding with you/you had a buddy rider.
Sorry, the "Inner Dad" just came out. Back to our regular programming... Great video.

270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your videos are great. Would you mind doing a quick rundown of the equipment you use? Cheers and thanks for sharing.
Thank you!
Action cam - Sony HDR-AS300R
Action cam mount - ProShot
Drone - Mavic Air

That's basically it as far as filming goes. Let me know if there's something more specific you're wondering about.

270 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very nice. Hi-Vis vest is a good addition, not only does it have good safety value but it really makes you stand out in the drone footage.
I believe your gun turrets are likely for antennae or as an observation post at best. They lack a beefy enough structure necessary for a radome much less for a triple A emplacement. Our WWII coastal Observation Posts and gun emplacements tended to be a bit more robust in hopes of enduring the expected counter battery fire. Here are a few from around the San Francisco defense zones.

View attachment 182244 View attachment 182244

View attachment 182246 Whatever they are they sure make for a good TW destination.
Well done Sir!
Thanks for watching! Not 100% sure what to believe. This is taken directly from offroadtrails.com.

"The highlight of this intriguing expedition is the stop at Beeks Place, which was built in 1942 by Joe Beeks. Besides being at over 3400 feet in elevation, Beeks Place has standing gun turrets that were built back in WW2. The idea was if the worst case scenario happened to America at the time, an invasion from a foreign country, Orange County would be ready to defend the United States".

I guess they could be wrong...

270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great video. I have to be honest and tell you a few times while I watched I wished someone else was riding with you/you had a buddy rider.
Sorry, the "Inner Dad" just came out. Back to our regular programming... Great video.
Thank for watching! Believe me, I wish I had a riding buddy! Especially another TW.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Another great vid.

I've been working on those turns on loose dirt myself recently and having stand up experience with risers, if you're standing and tip the bike under you and give it a blip of throttle, it slides out and stays under you. Tipping the bike standing keeps your weight over the bike and makes for some sweet tight turns. If you do it sitting the leg out can encourage weighting the outer peg giving you a little more traction and a foot to catch yourself, but standing over the bike puts even more weight on that outer peg giving you much more stability.

270 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Another great vid.

I've been working on those turns on loose dirt myself recently and having stand up experience with risers, if you're standing and tip the bike under you and give it a blip of throttle, it slides out and stays under you. Tipping the bike standing keeps your weight over the bike and makes for some sweet tight turns. If you do it sitting the leg out can encourage weighting the outer peg giving you a little more traction and a foot to catch yourself, but standing over the bike puts even more weight on that outer peg giving you much more stability.
Sweet! Tipping & blipping! I'll give this a go next time I'm out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts