TW200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an H P red from Wally World today. I am un able to make it work. H P in their infinite wisdom thinks that anyone who buys one of their computers already knows how to use it.
When I took it out of the box, there was not one single word of instructions. I figured that the black rectangular button was the power button so I pressed it. A tiny orange light came on so I was hopeful.
After about 3 minutes the screen lit up. After poking around futilely, I found a start up page and began filling in the blanks and clicking on next. It came to a page about choosing a wyfy system and
I figured I could come back to that after I filled in all the other info it wanted. BIG MISTAKE Now it won't let go back to that page the choose a wyfy system. So now I have a new USELESS laptop that won't let me do anything until I am on the web and it won't let me go back to that page to get on the web.
It should be Illegal to sell a computer without a sheet of instructions in the box.
Can any of you help me get back to the opening page that first came up when I turned it on?

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I feel for you, and I feel like you, as I am as ignorant as they come regarding computers. I think TWilight may be right on this. Walmart should either refund your money, or have someone there to help you get started. Best wishes.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
+2 on Twilight's advice.

So, it's not only the MacBook that has problems.

jb

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The box was sealed. There was not a single word of instructions. When I called H P on the phone I got a long recorded instruction on how to get instructions on line.
Big help that was since I couldn't get on line. Several attempts at pressing the 0 button on my phone got me a live voice that put on a tech who helped me get on line .
He then took control of my computer and showed me a whole lot of stuff at such a rapid pace that I couldn't tell how he got it. I still think H P OWES me a set of printed directions.
I will gladly pay the 14 cents for them.
No, this post was not in jest. I am still using my ailing Mac which I expect to totally fail at any time now and I don't plan on paying anything to get it fixed as I consider any failure on the mac to be initiated by apple deliberately to force me to pay repairs or get a new one. Fat chance of that.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Most computers on the bottom right there is some small icons like a flag, the windows sign, volume and the wifi symbol but since you aren't connected a red x will be on it. Click on it and a menu will appear on the side. then turn the switch to on and click on the wifi connection you are connecting to.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I bought a new desktop before Christmas. No manual or real instructions except where to plug things in

·
Registered
762 Posts
It is claimed to be a PC but I think it is a POS.
If there really are no instructions, and yes, a lot of computers today ship with no instructions (why?!) and you can't get it by trial and error...take it back.

This happens a lot. Even Wally World has loose return policies these days - but don't dawdle; you have generally 14 days return on electronic gear.

It'll go back to the Chinese plant; the Chinese geeks will just reformat the hard-drive and then ship it as a SALE unit. Amazon clears a lot of USED, VERY-GOOD CONDITION stuff that has just that story.

You get your money back; and somewhere, someone who understands that machine gets a really-cheap marked-down one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts