TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a hell of a week on my tdub, and it's all because of my stupidity. Let's see, I melted the plastic next to the exhaust, chain came off and I was stuck in the middle of the road, left my trunk open and lost my good cold weather riding gloves.... I still love every minute of it though!

·
Registered
13,345 Posts
And I thought having to leave my TW at home on my last outing was bad. But you're right, loads of fun no matter what happens. And the problems are a good conversation starter too!

·
Registered
701 Posts
I didn't do it on mine, but the previous owner melted the plastic over the muffler can on mine: looks like he was carrying a passenger and their leg probably got fairly warm from squeezing the plastic against the can. Bike was running super lean when I got it, so it was getting quite hot. Same dude wired a piece of plumber's strap under the plastic to hold it away from the muffler in the future. I took it off, and don't (ever) carry passengers.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the stearns tankbag and used them as saddlebags and put heavy tools in the side with the exhaust like an idiot. So needless to say, the bag and plastic was melted all the way through. Oh well, live and learn.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
And now it will run cooler!

Bag

1 - 9 of 9 Posts