TW200 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
And found out today I have a Grade 2 lateral collateral ligament tears that may require surgery.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I have no idea what that entails but I wish you luck with it, surgery or not.

·
Registered
19,592 Posts
Good luck, hope it doesn't adversely complicate retirement.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Mine was a grade two also. Take it easy and maybe think about getting a good knee brace. Talk to your Doctor as insurance may pay for it. Ossur has some info. about that.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Get it done/repaired...think Moab 2016....go on liquid diet...low calorie beers will do fine :D

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
we all have opinions about this... I was a workers compensation adjudicator for a while and I would always tell my clients to think long and hard about surgery on their knee injuries. the eventual arthritis that arises in most cases after knee surgery can be more debilitating than the original injury. depending on the severity of the injury... if you can rehab it without surgery the outcomes are generally better. get to physio, stop stressing the injury and wear a knee brace. try letting it heal.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Heal and start riding a bicycle. Best thing I ever did. Just don't try to keep up with a world record holder like I did. My knee did not like it the next day even though I kept on his wheel!

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I injured this at work walking in a back yard stepped in a deep hole covered in tall grass, I turned in a minor injury report but do not want to go on industrial and limited duty as I retire July 2016 and need 1,080 working hours in 2016 not including Overtime that is 27 weeks and that is the second week of July of 2016, so I will get my 5 weeks vacation for the next year and will get it in pay on my last check should have 9 weeks vacation pay on that check.
I did the MRI thru my PC doctor and I will rest it and use a brace till I retire, and hopefully when Donald Trump is President His new Medical plan will make it easy to get it fixed.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
we all have opinions about this... I was a workers compensation adjudicator for a while and I would always tell my clients to think long and hard about surgery on their knee injuries. the eventual arthritis that arises in most cases after knee surgery can be more debilitating than the original injury. depending on the severity of the injury... if you can rehab it without surgery the outcomes are generally better. get to physio, stop stressing the injury and wear a knee brace. try letting it heal.
That is my plan and in MOAB I will have my cabin mate give me a hot knee rubdown every night with wine and candle light.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
12209252_10206540002610883_277159738_o.jpg this is the one I ware under my work pants and it does the trick.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Ouch. I tweaked my knee pretty hard about ten days ago, too. I doubt it's as bad as this. But this is why I worry about things like this!

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Ouch. I tweaked my knee pretty hard about ten days ago, too. I doubt it's as bad as this. But this is why I worry about things like this!
K.J. Don't worry but do take care of yourself. I tore my knees up pretty bad by the time I was 16 and thats one of the reasons the Army,Air Force and Navy would not take me. If I had taken the time to get proper treatment and let myself heal things might have been different.

·
Registered
19,592 Posts
Pamper that knee now to not jeopardize ability to put in those hours next year before retirement. Probably hard to turn down the overtime when company needs it but the rest of the time away from work R.I.C.E. as much as possible. Maybe Trevor can help you organize house's logistics so once at home you can plop yourself down , elevate knee and be able to reach cooler of refreshments and ice, computer, etc without a lot of moving around. Good luck, and if this affects Moab plans so be it. There will be more adventures in the future.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts