TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought the 2014 TW as my commuter (21 Miles a day round trip) and as a hunting rig. We ended up selling our house and moving in with some family while we save to build our house. My commute now is at 81 miles round trip with speeds near 70 mph. I did the commute one day on the TW and then I knew I had to get a new rig. So I sold the TW 2 weeks ago and bought an NC700x this past Saturday from a guy in Bozeman. For about the same price as my TW I picked up a rig that will suit my needs better. Once we build our new house though, I will be a ot closer to work and will get another TW 200.

First tank on my NC700x yielded 68.4 MPG.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I rode this bike model back when it first came out. I rode both the manual and "automatic" version back to back. I liked them both.
I think the high fuel economy is a big plus on this. I love the near "scooter" helmet hatch storage and the way it carries it's weight down low
with fuel cell. Also that "half a Fit" engine is really cool.

I think you made the right decision.

The only other bike I would have looked at was the Kawasaki KLR650. That bike is bullet proof and something you could do all kinds of fun with.
And fuel economy really close to the Honda.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
13,798 Posts
Kind of figured you were heading in a non-TW direction when you were selling everything off like an unprofitable K-Mart Store! No doubt this will be a much better commuter (or any highway) motorcycle. Comfortable with power so you can buck the wind.:)

If you ever come back to the TW fold, you can look forward to this cheap:eek: almost 30-year-old TW I just saw on Craigslist this morning. Oofta! View attachment 29578

1987 tw 200 Must sell - $2250 (middleton)

This is a clean bike with 3200 miles it has front and rear racks and a new battery it hasn't been ridden much the last couple years I need to pay some bills, So the bike must go.This bike is also road legal and all the lights work.I can text pics for now. Thanks

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
The only other bike I would have looked at was the Kawasaki KLR650. That bike is bullet proof and something you could do all kinds of fun with.
And fuel economy really close to the Honda.

Enjoy!
I'ver got one of those too tall, too heavy pig of a bike...28,000 miles and still love it!

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
I'ver got one of those too tall, too heavy pig of a bike...28,000 miles and still love it!
I'm lucky to have had a LOT of bikes...and this was one of the very best!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts