TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hailey update she in a lot of pain her face is totally swollen one eye is completely shut the other one close she looks like some one beat the crap out of her.

these things happen so fast my advise keep dogs away from kids. I hear it every day at work my dog does not bite well 30 years at Southwest gas I have been bit over 100 times from dogs that do not bite. like this 377311_4063213110766_697354355_n.jpg

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
new Hailey update she went to the Doctor today the swelling is coming down and now she is turning black blue and purple she will get her two stents out Monday from her nose the full size Australian shepherd top tooth dug in at her eye duct right eye and the bottom tooth entered at her left lower cheek it ripped it all loose and broke her nose and a lot of blood my son said it looked like Iraq her face was flapping. the plastic surgeon did his job and it is a wait and see. so if you have a small kid you care about keep them away from the cute dogs that just lick you to death!

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Glad to hear she's doing better Z. This is a great reminder for all of us with dogs. I was bitten by the family Golden when I was little, barely a scar to see now but it sucked at the time, came close to loosing an eye.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
The ER docs said the only thing that saved me was having read 1) David's argument with his brothers before taking on Goliath about grabbing bears by the lower jaw and clubbing them and 2) Daniel Boone getting bears to chase him, jumping behind a tree, jumping on their backs, and cutting their jugulars. I grabbed a German shepherd by the lower jaw, jumped on its back, managed to get the Cub Scout issue pocket knife out of my pocket, open it with my teeth, and cut its jugular. I didn't know what else to do. Still have the scars on my hand.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am still so pissed off I can not post.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Q she did forget for some time as she opened a few presents and we kept her in the high love area. 10886216_10204369391506962_560064334_o.jpg not a clear photo but I did not want to remember her like this.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good stuff. Just keep telling here every honest smile is beautiful, especially hers.
The plastic surgeon did a great job he works out of St Joe's hospital Phoenix and is on call for Children's hospital he came in on his day off and weekend to take care of her. she told me she will now be ugly so we will do what we can to make the scars disappear.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Scars are cool. We should have a scar party and share stories.

Anyone who judges by appearance is of this world. We should ignore those people and seek those who judge by how we empower others, by our ministries, not our charities. Those who empower and minister are not of this world, and that is what beauty really is. That is the foundation of love, rather than the delusion of infatuation, which leads to misery, and is all those who judge by appearance will ever have in their hearts.

Start now, as these are difficult concepts for adults as shown by the sallowness of character adults so often demonstrate, but for some reason children take them to heart fairly easily.

Catch her smiling as often as you can and thank her for brightening your day with the gift of sunshine of the heart. That is a beautiful gift.

Hugs work. That's their job.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I had a visitor tonight it has been 4 weeks now she is healing up you can still see the battle scars. 10939567_10204607526820196_1035882813_o.jpg

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Give her 13 hugs (count out loud). Tell her they are from all the creepy old TW buddies of yours who are happy to see the healing is coming along nicely! Don't forget the exclamation point. And so much quicker than expected ! She must be doing a wonderful job of taking care of herself !

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Just beautiful, Z.
She's healing up fast!

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
She told me she is now ugly and her face will be ugly the rest of her life.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts