TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was posting this last night but lost cell service.
Fall is gone. Halloween day is the starts winter.Forecast possible 1-2 inches high winds 20-30mph gust 40 with the possibility of 50 mph. Temps hitting 40 but wind chills will make it feel like 25.
Great Lake have warnings- Nov squalls already predicted.
This morning it's snowing- coming down fast. Not accumulating (yet) because ground is warmer. Our trees help hold the warmth in fall and hold the cold in spring.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, by the way thanks for the cold front Canada.
It's now sticking to my pole barns roof. Out side my Forest I'm sure it's sticking to the ground.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
We have a low pressure with a cold front from you!
There talking it's going to be like the storm that sunk the SS Edmund Fitzgerald ! But it's TV and they are dramatic !
Winds aren't here yet a few more hours until they're forecasted.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Tonight{Halloween Evening} 10/31 West Central Ohio sez High of 45 with less than one inch of snow, sticking on grassy areas...tomorrow {when I work my final Football Games for the season in a league championship double header, working both JV and Varsity games} high of 40 but no snow, with winds from the north at 25-23 mph.....the Winds of November are about to begin.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I remember when my kids were young ,Halloween being close to 0f ,and windy like a bugger ,the fact it's reasonably mild and a Friday night I think it might be a good night for the kids .

·
Registered
656 Posts
Hi Padilen: Another reason I left the mountains for the southern Piedmont region. Every year the cold bothers me more than the heat does. My buddy just sent me an old pair of his high dollar winter gauntlet gloves as he has gone full electric. I'll have to check out how cold I can ride this year, as I don't have electrics needless to say. Stay warm and let the dog in by the fire.

·
Registered
19,605 Posts
Winter weather tonight will be a little hard for the kids in their elaborate but soggy costumes. We'll get rain but hopefully not until after the kids fill up their bags with candy.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Complain about the weather all you want. ,but today's snow brought a bidding war for one of my older snow plows and I stopped it when I was handed double my asking price for my old plow ,and then the other guy saw my boat and bought that from me as well .Time to buy some sleds to flip .

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm not complaining just stating facts Eli's loving it. I'm putting my winter tires on after I eat some lunch. I changed my oil and it didn't take me all day like last time! Yes I'm serious, last time I spent a day changing my oil. I almost gave up and called my friend to finish. My Jeep has an awkward oil filter placement. With my carpal tunnel and my lack of energy, my brain function was not good. I didn't use the ramps, not sure if I even thought about them. I was trying to do it laying on the floor. Just couldn't see what I was doing. Or get my hands and arms to work together.
I ended up jacking it up (after 2-3 hours) and placing stands under it. So that was like an hour per side. Then I used every tool I had to get that filter off. About an hour or more. Took only 1/2 hour to install the new filter. Then add the oil and get it off the stands was the rest of the day.
But I did it!

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Around the farm when we used to get a stuck filter we would just drive a big Phillips screwdriver through it and twist it off. A bit savage, but it generally worked.
Can't remember how I did get it off. Im sure I tried all my tools plus all my filter wrenches.But there isn't much room to get to the filter. I made it more difficult with the addition of skid plates.

·
Registered
19,605 Posts
Punching a hole in the filter really provides the motivation to complete the job ' cause you are either committed or screwed. I learned with a big bladed screwdriver, doesn't tear housing as much on the far side. Still I have gloriously mangled a few in my high school days working after school as a lube monkey at a foriegn car shop. Some cars are definitely worse than others and no filter wrench will seem to give a purchase.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have removed many filters with an old dog collar ,my channelock pliers ,and of course proper oil filter wrenches .If one tool doesn't work ,you probably have something else that will get the job done .

1 - 20 of 31 Posts