TW200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I always enjoy watching the racing TW's, especially from a POV camera. That looks like some tough riding, for sure. Thanks for sharing the video.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Alright I tried searching the song from your video and can't find it on iTunes help!!!!!! I wanna use it on one of my videos

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Nice goin'................ Remember how fast the guy went by you at the 10 minute mark..... Well if I were riding and you were riding with me that's how fast "YOU" would have gone by me...... (o;.. No way can I do that kind of riding.... Thanks for the vid. OMM.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice goin'................ Remember how fast the guy went by you at the 10 minute mark..... Well if I were riding and you were riding with me that's how fast "YOU" would have gone by me...... (o;.. No way can I do that kind of riding.... Thanks for the vid. OMM.

OMM, there were some really fast technical riders on that ride. They were so good, it just felt awesome being out there with them. Guys that do the national enduro circuit and such. But there were also a TON of wanna-bees, with expensive, powerful tricked out bikes (KTMs) who had very little off-road skills. They were also the snootiest of the bunch. It was extremely satisfying to pass those guys and the pieces of orange plastic all over the trail lol!

Thanks everybody! I hope to have new one when I ride the Martin's Mayhem Hare Scramble on 2013-06-30 in Union CT. TW's Rule!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Thanks for the cool video. That reminded me of an enduro I entered many many years ago on a CT70. I figured I would cut down on weight by removing a few "unnecessary pieces", such as the kick start lever. It stalled in the middle of a mud hole and I immediately realized my mistake!

Nice edit job on the video.

AT

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
great job riding, i loved the quick jump up and back in the saddle after your fall.

did you find the stock front fender to be gumming up? we have some real sticky mud out here and i have problems with a raised fender!

btw was that song written for this enduro? cool how it mentions hancock ride by name.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
That looked so fun. I am jealous simply of all the greenery. I forget what trees are living in AZ...ugh.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
great job riding, i loved the quick jump up and back in the saddle after your fall.

did you find the stock front fender to be gumming up? we have some real sticky mud out here and i have problems with a raised fender!

btw was that song written for this enduro? cool how it mentions hancock ride by name.
I wrote it a year earlier, shortly after the 2010 Quarry Run.....Where I managed to crash my BMW R1200GS off a 300' Ravine
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=608029.....The low fender definitely sucks in the thick sloppy mud. It's actually what brought me back to the forums; The MR Bracket high fender kit. I'll be installing it today!!

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
holy crap! now that's a ride report i don't want to top! that really was a time to say "rubber side down," cojones my friend, cojones.

glad all turned out ok.

interesting debate and info regarding the SPOT. mr bracket took one on our sheetiron, and had good things to say about it... though didn't have to use it for a 911.

"I don't alway ride DualSports, but when i do, I prefer the Yamaha TW200."

The most interesting Rider in the World

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Nice video! thanks for taking the time to make and post it.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Joe Band is not only a great photographer and ride reporter. He IS "The Most Interesting TW200 Rider In The World!"

·
Registered
104 Posts
We put that on the big screen and watch it.... enjoying every minute!

Thanks,

Richard (aka LiquidSilver)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts