TW200 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, I am just curious if anyone has found a nice set of bark busters for reasonable price kinda like the foot pegs, they don't have to be perfect mainly just to protect the shift levers and stuff if it were to go down. any insight/recommendations are greatly appreciated

·
Registered
164 Posts
Tusk D-Flex from rockymountainatvmc.com Under 60 bucks.

+1 for Tusk & RockyMountainATVMC.com

The aluminum guards are only $30, and the deflectors can be had for as low as $15. I followed the advice of members here and got these as well. They're beefy & solid. Couldn't ask for more for the money.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Another +1 for the Tusk D-Flex.

·
Registered
231 Posts
+1 for tusk d-flex

i got the aluminum guards, regular plastic shields, extra big spoilers (fit over the plastic guards) and new grips for less than 80 bucks from rockymountainatvmc.com

·
Registered
78 Posts
The cheapest I've found is $45

Western Power Sports Off-Road Handguards

I don't know how they are compared to the others mentioned (the Tusk bar looks stronger), but are more like the Acerbis Pro Rally design.

Works good though.

Reactions: goldenhtr

·
Registered
51 Posts
+1 for the WPS Off Road Handguards if you like the look compared to the visable aluminum bar like the Tusk D-Flex.

I know a lot of people also put on Emgo's a while back and have been happy with them too.

I got the WPS handguards at my local Yamaha shop instead of the buying the Emgo Pro Handguards online because they were cheaper and looked very similiar.

·
Registered
667 Posts
After everything I've read I'm interested in theTusk D-flex guards. I went to Rocky Mountain ATV and it won't let me select my bike and they have several options not sure which one is the one that fits the TW. A little help plz? Thanks.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I got these. No plastic. Fits TW very well.

Mounted with some heat shrink tubing.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I put on the Cycra Probend, IIRC 80 bucks or so at Cycle Gear. Thick aluminum and they allow your hands to slip out thus preventing broken wrists if you have to unload from the bike.

PROBEND HANDGUARDS
I have the same, I love the sh_t out of them. They're super stout.

·
Super Moderator
1,921 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts

·
Registered
20,629 Posts
As long as guards say they fit 7/8" bars they should fit your TW. As Werloc points out these Western Power Sports Off-Road Handguards which are clones of Acerbis units can be had for less than $30 from dozens and dozens of Chinese internet vendors on both Ebay and Amazon.com but most, unlike Werloc's link, come shipped from China. However I recently bought a pair and was dissapointed that on first crash guard rotated permitting breaking of clutch lever despite being secured as tight as permissible by the poor quality handlebar clamps. Second spill had aluminum guard shatter where a proper hand guard should have survived. I plan to upgrade to blue D-flex, ~$50 delivered.

Reactions: plordly

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Doesn't sound like your mounting brackets were tight enough. Are you using stock or steel bars? I have aluminum bars which only have a 3/8" hole in the ends due to thick wall bars, so they tighten very well. These tighten very tight. I don't think it's the guards, but the tightness of mounting. My buddy has those that I posted the link to, and a side by side comparison, they are the same, even though my Acerbis say made in Italy. I feel bad now that you had a problem. But like I said, if they just twisted ir rotated, they weren't tight. 90% or most of the bar end clamps are made for 7/8" "aluminum" which have a very small hole in bar end. I had mine very loose, and still had to tap them into bar ends with a hammer. Maybe if you get bigger inserts? The plastic tube supplied just doesn't cut it. I Really sorry, I completely forgot to point that out. I'm human, and far from perfect. Shit, I feel bad now.....:(

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
i have the "made in italy" acerbis and i can vouch for their toughness nearly three years on; haven't busted a single lever yet. i got a set of them for my dad's bike on sale for $85.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Thank you... to all who buy products from the original manufacturing companys. Cheap Knock-Off is a cute name for a unethical Company that steals a patented product design then sells it. This Knock-Off s#^t has gotten so bad it's becoming common place. I do my best not to support it.

One of my artistic clients designed woman purses. Her designs were copied by Chinese companys so fast that it was destroying her business. I haven't talked to her in years. I often wonder if she is still in business.

Reactions: Dryden-Tdub
1 - 18 of 18 Posts