TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased Tusk D Flex guards, fit was no good, sent them back, any suggestions? I need to go forward due to throttle grip now altered.

·
Registered
721 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Purchased Tusk D Flex guards, fit was no good, sent them back, any suggestions? I need to go forward due to throttle grip now altered.
That's odd because they are one of the most generic hand-guards on the market. I'll bet more folks on this forum use them more than anything else. Inexpensive and get the job done. I wonder if they make one than one type or model?

Did they look like this:
IMG_8694.jpg

They fit (after adjustments to them and my switchgear) pretty perfect:
IMG_5437.JPG

IMG_5438.JPG

They are "generic" as in one-size-fits-all so yeah, you have to fudge them a bit like all brands. They are not made specifically for a TW:
IMG_5439.JPG

I was happy enough with D-Flex that I got rid of the Acerbis guards on the XR250. And those cost more than twice the amount:
IMG_8705.JPG

Recently put them on my Ural sidecar beast. None of these handlebars are in anyway close or the same physically BTW:
IMG_6564.JPG

Usually takes me at least an hour to adjust and fine tune everything. And maybe again later after a shake-out ride. Definitely not bolt & ride but neither are/were any of the others I've installed on various bike over the years.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just put on some Cycra Probend Series One handguards last night. What a pain. I've got a Protaper SE ATV High bar and the crossbar was in the way on the brake side. I had to bend the handguard bar a little and drill a new hole in in the bar so I could attach it on the inside. Also had to grind down the brake lever, which I'll probably end up just cutting the ball off of it altogether tonight because it barely clears the bar. On the clutch side, it bolted right up and had plenty of clearance. Not so many cables to contend with over there, and it looks like the clutch lever is a little shorter than the brake lever. If I had to do it again, I'd just get the Tusks. Cheaper and don't seem to be as hard to fit.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
On the Tusks on all 3 bikes (i never used this brand till I bought a TW) I've never had to grind or cut anything. Just takes patience to slightly shift stuff around a bit until you find those sweet-spots.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts