TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
edit::

thanks for the tip on pro-grips 714, Palm State Crawler....those look good. I'll probably order those.
thanks to all who gave a tip....even the little questions like this can be helpful.

I would have never known about progrip 714 unless I asked.......

ok...I'll pro-taper off on the newbie questions!!!! ;)

·
Registered
258 Posts
What does your local bike shop have in the bargain bin ?I have dug some fantastic stuff out of them ,might not be the latest colour or style ,but either am I at this point .

·
Registered
19,219 Posts
That was very clever Bruce. Sound advice too.
But even full price for any aftermarket grips seems reasonable at the bike shop. Internet shipping on small sales is steep, so if you want free shipping usually starting around $35 order some other stuff to go along with your $10-$15 grips. Maintainace items like oil filters, or gaskets and seals for any planned mods like kickstarter or front sprocket replacement might seem reasonable to buy in advance.
I like Oury Pillowtop. While soft and thus vulnerable to damage fortunately my hand guards protect grips pretty well.

th-12.jpeg

·
Registered
19,219 Posts
Busted! Right you are oh defender of truth and justice. Pro Taper. Mea culpa. Thanks for the correction, wouldn't want to send twbeagle sniffing in wrong direction.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
I love the grips called Mushrooms. Great cushioning for us older guys that have hands that tend to go numb.

GaryL

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
I was going to type "mushroom grips" into a Google search but decided I probably would regret it. :lol:

·
Registered
8,245 Posts

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
I'll be. They even have little mushrooms on the end.

View attachment 11577
The ones I linked are the ones I use and they are about as soft and cushy as anyone would ever want. I doubt the hot rodders will like them much but for us older gent and gals they are the most comfy I have ever found.

GaryL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts