TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To All,

been great with adivce

Just got Jimbo Shield. he did not answer my emails at first. He was up fighting the fires in Northern California....hats off to Jimbo

Need input on hand guards for my new TW

Any info helps

BodypacTW

200 miles on TW
107,000 on GS 1200

Thanks

BodypacTW

·
Registered
811 Posts
I bought some cheapo knock offs for around $30 and they bent on my first drop - they protected the levers for the most part but cost more to replace than levers! I now have Tusk Pro HGs. Heavy duty protection. Don't waste money on cheap stuff, esp something that gets "challenged" often! :)
I got mine on Amazon

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
i've put two pair of acerbis on two bikes and never had any problems with them. take a lickin' and keep on tickin.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Don't buy cheap ones. The GooFit handguards I saved $40on, instead of buying the expensive name brand ones cost me HOURS of screwing around bending them to get them to fit. I also had to buy some Cycra handguard/handlebar clamps (not cheap) to make them work and clear the cables.

Buy some good ones. Save you sanity.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Don't buy cheap ones. The GooFit handguards I saved $40on, instead of buying the expensive name brand ones cost me HOURS of screwing around bending them to get them to fit. I also had to buy some Cycra handguard/handlebar clamps (not cheap) to make them work and clear the cables.

Buy some good ones. Save you sanity.
Did you have to get the Cycra clamps where they mount to the handguard to the inner part of the handle bar or the clamps that mount bar to the top triple clamp?

Cheap or expenaive handguards, both have given me fits trying to mount them

·
Registered
311 Posts
Did you have to get the Cycra clamps where they mount to the handguard to the inner part of the handle bar or the clamps that mount bar to the top triple clamp?

Cheap or expenaive handguards, both have given me fits trying to mount them
For the inner handlebar clamp. The ones that came with the GooFit did not fit. Cycra Standard U Clamp for 7/8" Handlebars $41. Amazon.

The Cycras had a shape that fits around the cables and wires near the bars.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
+1 on the genuine Acerbis. The tusk seem to have lots of fans too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts