TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just woundering if anybody has tried filling there protaper atv highbars full of silicone to help cut down on the vibration went out on a rough run two weeks ago and my wrist are killing me must have arthritus setting in any information would be apreciated thanks

·
Registered
46 Posts
You probably know that some bikes have weights in the ends of the handlebars to cut down on the vibration. They are pretty much just pieces of pot metal with rubber dampers insulating the weight from the inside of the handlebar. I'm thinking you could easily pick some up or maybe rig something up.

I had them on one of my bikes and removed them and the bike still feels great. My other bike never came with them and my body feels like its ringing like a bell every step I take after being on the bike for 2 hours. Who knows if they are helpful?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Never actually tried it myself but, I've had a couple of buddies that have filled their bars with silicone caulking to cut down on some vibration.... Heard it helped out quite a bit!

·
Registered
310 Posts
How many years would it take the silicone in the center of the bars to set up and harden?? Not that it matters.. It was just my first thought. I've heard of people filling bars with lead shot and I've got a 25# bag of #9 shot to try it with. I'm not sure I want to weigh down a 200cc bike that already weighs nearly 300 pounds though, haha.

I don't find my TW to vibrate enough to bother my hands. I have had bikes that did (Suzuki GN400, Honda CB350, etc...) I bought ProGrip 'Rally' grips for my bike when I got it. They're mushy enough to suck up some vibration but still stiff enough I don't feel like I'm holding a handful of slime.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Sounds like you should check out BarSnake

I haven't used one myself but I hear good things about them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts