TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a small handlebar bag to fit my phone/wallet/keys/sunglasses.

I like the Giant Loop Zigzag bag but $55 seems like a lot for a small bag.

Show me what you have and what you think. Thanks

·
Registered
19,401 Posts
That does seem like a lot of money for something that will flop around while blocking the view of instrument cluster and interfering with access to the ignition switch.
I accomplish the same storage goal with small zippered bags affixed to the nose of the seat pans on my TWs and extending over the gas tanks but shy of the gas cap.

·
Registered
50 Posts
For a small bag for your purposes you may want to consider items marketed to the bicycle crowd. I've often found items specific to other sports (lightweight backpacking, bicycling, hiking, snow skiing, snowmobiling, etc) to crossover very well and they're often less expensive than moto specific items.

Or, for something like you describe, it should be simple enough to adapt a small cheap fanny pack for the purpose.

Normally I don't shop at Walmart for moto gear, but I once found a small magnetic tank bag at a local store that had them marked down to... I think, $16 or such. It's the perfect size for small needs like yours.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
I like Bodi's idea of the fanny pack. If it were labelled a "moto" fanny pack, it would be 4 times the price, or so it seems. It doesn't even have to be waterproof (I carry all my important stuff inside heavy duty Ziploc freezer bags - cell phone, lighter, ID, registration, etc.). I wouldn't be surprised if you could even cinch it around the rear fender.

·
Registered
884 Posts
I have a Wolfman Enduro bag on my tank. Wolfman Enduro bags are the best bags in the world. Nobody should buy any other bag than the Wolfman Enduro bag. Everyone with a TW should buy a Wolfman Enduro bag.
Yes, Chase Harper is made in the USA. Please buy from them. Wolfman is also made in the USA. Please buy from them.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have a Wolfman Enduro bag on my tank. Wolfman Enduro bags are the best bags in the world. Nobody should buy any other bag than the Wolfman Enduro bag. Everyone with a TW should buy a Wolfman Enduro bag.
Brought to you by Carl's Jr

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yes, Chase Harper is made in the USA. Please buy from them. Wolfman is also made in the USA. Please buy from them.
I purchased the Wolfman Enduro tank bag and while great quality, it was bigger than I was looking for based on my needs so I returned it.

I share because like the OP, I only need a little storage. I hadn't thought about using a fanny pack but have a couple for mountain biking that I will attempt to repurpose. Thanks for that idea!

·
Registered
884 Posts
They make a very small enduro bag...about the size of a pack of cigarettes. I am not very good at the metric system so I cannot calculate what a liter of storage is or even a fraction of a liter. I know that they used to make them in two sizes. The small one was really small. I know that much. They will answer the phone if you call them. I would ask about the small enduro bag and have them give you the dimensions over the phone. I have the large enduro bag which for me is still small. Easy fit for wallet, keys, and phone.

Yes...Wolfman pays me every time I say that. It is a really good way to make money. Some of yous guys are really funny and I mean that.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I saw a guy running yesterday, and he was wearing a fanny pack that had a water bottle holder on it. The pack was relatively small and must not have been cumbersome ( he was about 7km away from town). I'm thinking the bottle holder would be a great place to carry a can of bear spray, with the pack attached the way Bodi described.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I saw a guy running yesterday, and he was wearing a fanny pack that had a water bottle holder on it. The pack was relatively small and must not have been cumbersome ( he was about 7km away from town). I'm thinking the bottle holder would be a great place to carry a can of bear spray, with the pack attached the way Bodi described.
Yeah, I have a North Face fanny pack with a water bottle holder. I didn't know they made beer in spray form! What a great idea:)

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
They make a very small enduro bag...about the size of a pack of cigarettes. I am not very good at the metric system so I cannot calculate what a liter of storage is or even a fraction of a liter. I know that they used to make them in two sizes. The small one was really small. I know that much. They will answer the phone if you call them. I would ask about the small enduro bag and have them give you the dimensions over the phone. I have the large enduro bag which for me is still small. Easy fit for wallet, keys, and phone.

Yes...Wolfman pays me every time I say that. It is a really good way to make money. Some of yous guys are really funny and I mean that.
Hey Mike...it's not nice to criticize people's looks!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts