TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having a hard time deciding on which bars to replace my bent ones, so I wrote a parametric handlebar simulator in OpenSCAD so I could compare the various bars against stock. My bars are bent and still have all their accessories mounted, so taking measurements was probably less than accurate. Does anyone have a set of stock bars they can measure using the standard chart?

The measurements I got by eyeballing were:
A = 790
B = 75
C = 70
D = 190
E = 90
F = 215

So far I'm liking the ProTaper Trials Mid, as I think they'll go well with my existing risers without having to do too much in the way of lengthening cables/wiring (stock in grey/transparent, ProTaper in blue):

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh wow, I guess my "jam something semi-straight in there and measure off that" method was a bit off. Thanks!

If anyone would like some bars compared, I have pretty much all the ProTaper and Renthal stuff listed on Revzilla already done. Might turn this into a web-app if I find some free time.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just a simple and crude bar simulator. Only the basic dimensions/positions are simulated (ie: no bend radius, etc..) but it should give a basic idea of how bars compare.

::: tw200.org - Handlebar Simulator :::

Let me know if you'd like to see any other bars added. Future version will probably include fields to input your own values.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Just a simple and crude bar simulator. Only the basic dimensions/positions are simulated (ie: no bend radius, etc..) but it should give a basic idea of how bars compare.

::: tw200.org - Handlebar Simulator :::

Let me know if you'd like to see any other bars added. Future version will probably include fields to input your own values.
This post needs it’s own thread and stickied by a mod in the Tech Section. Amazing work @nihil. You could even add various riser heights. This is very cool. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This post needs it’s own thread and stickied by a mod in the Tech Section. Amazing work @nihil. You could even add various riser heights. This is very cool. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks! I figure I can't be the only one who has had trouble deciding what bars to go with. There are now 84 different bars modeled for the sim if you count the stock TW bars. Those models include the Renthal Fatbar CR High bend that I just got done putting on. I used the Rox offset adapters/riders to go from 7/8" to 1-1/8", they fit great and have a nice feel to them. I still need to get the mirrors sorted out, the GPS/phone mount mounted, and I'm waiting on a bar clamp kit for the Barkbusters (the 7/8" straight clamps don't fit, need the BTC-06 for tapered 1-1/8" bars).

Also in the recently delivered pile to go on for this season:
- Kickstarter
- Shinko SR244 4.6 front tire (I know you guys like the 241, but sadly I spent more time on pavement than I'd like)
- TW34 rear tire
- New tubes front and rear with Ride-On
- Front and rear brake pads/shoes

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hah, yeah it hasn't been properly stock for a while now. Signature updated!

Yeah I'm really liking the bars so far. I haven't ridden it yet, but I did sit on it making vroom-vroom noises for a few minutes. I might still machine some spacers to get them up another 1/2" or so, but I think where they're at is pretty close to where I was with the stock bars and the Rox pivoting risers, and definitely better looking.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts