TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2021 TW200
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I got my new tw200 last week and I can already tell in order to be comfortable standing while riding ill need some taller bars. maybe an in or two of extra rise but its hard to sat exactly how much. I know I want 1 1/8" bars so ill get 3/4" out of pro taper adapters. What bend or what model does everyone recommend. Im 5' 10" if that helps

·
Registered
533 Posts
Welcome shawdog95!! And, congrats!!

I'm still running OEM bars, and just installed the ROX 2" Anti-Vibe Adjustable risers.

A 2" rise seems to be the standard for majority of folks. Anything over, and you're definitely having to make adjustments to get more room for the cables, etc.

A good thing with the risers is you can pivot them forward/backward, along with pivot whichever bars you have once on the risers as well......for even more ergo comfort.

Sorry I can't be of more assistance.

Reactions: Gullyjumper

·
Registered
‘04 TW200, Jets+Shims, DGV2, S-moto fender, Acerbis Guards, ProTaper KX, JNS DOT LED BLK, Moose Rack
265 Posts
Alright, I got my new tw200 last week and I can already tell in order to be comfortable standing while riding ill need some taller bars. maybe an in or two of extra rise but its hard to sat exactly how much. I know I want 1 1/8" bars so ill get 3/4" out of pro taper adapters. What bend or what model does everyone recommend. Im 5' 10" if that helps
ProTaper High ATV bar is very popular among the TW crowd.
Bar/riser ergos are highly subjective.

Don’t go over 2” of rise over stock, unless you’re ready to lengthen cables/wires & reroute some.

Many threads on the forum on this, if u search.

There’s even a 3D model driven bar visualizer utility that one generous member put together, to allow you to see a visual overlay of the OE bar next to any of several aftermarket bars (drop down menu driven), to see the differences in bar geometry.

Looky here:

(Link to utility in thread).

You can drag the models with your cursor to get a view of the bars from any angle/perspective.

Super helpful.

ProTaper uses a specs/measurement format, as follows. I took fairly precise measurements of my TW OE bars & came up with the following values, to compare:

TW200 OE measured Handlebar specs:
(ProTaper Measurement model)

A) Width: 787 mm
B) Height: 094 mm
C) Rise: 064 mm
D) Clamp area: 105 mm
E) Sweep: 095 mm
F) Control Area: 228 mm

Hope it helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm 5'9" and went with a YZ high pro taper evo and rox 2" risors. no cable changes needed. love it.

·
Super Moderator
18,942 Posts
6'6'? You need ape hangers :giggle:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts