TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had the opportunity to sit on Saabugs TW over the weekend.
Edit:
0l Whatisname installed the 2 inch pivoting risers on his bike and I like the extra height. I'm always looking for ideas to give my kids for Fathers Day. I forgot what brand Jeremy has but the best part about buying is the shopping. :D. Let the Thread begin. :blob9:

·
Registered
143 Posts
tw2.jpg Rox is what I'm using.
I had the opportunity to sit on Saabugs TW over the weekend. Jeremy installed the 2 inch pivoting risers on his bike and I like the extra height. I'm always looking for ideas to give my kids for Fathers Day. I forgot what brand Jeremy has but the best part about buying is the shopping. :D. Let the Thread begin. :blob9:

·
Registered
545 Posts
I am interested in this thread too. I have the 2" Rox risers on my Triumph and I like them but if there is anything less expensive I sure would like to know.

·
Registered
19,551 Posts
ROX 2" rotating risers in silver for me.:) Versatile mounting options, adds comfort, especially when standing,:D makes TW darn near impossible to squeeze into AstroVan anymore due to the added height.:(
In my case I received excellent, prompt, free, customer care after the sale when something wasn't perfect.
There were cheaper options that would have worked since after some experimenting I settled on an essentially straight 90 degree 2" lift. It was nice to have explored different angles, but it cost me ~$20 for that peace of mind.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
oh and PS. Quit using my real name, I don't want them to find me...................I am going to have to start wearing my tinfoil hat again.
I can fix that. Look back but I can't fix your Reply. Lol
Plus You need more then a tin foil hat if you own a smart phone. They know everything......:confused2:

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I put a set of ROX on mine. As I have a shorter left arm I brought them back to me a bit and it is higher so works standing up. This is my second bike for me and it still had the stock bars. The first one I had them give me taller bars before I left the franchise. the ROX risers work well and give a person height and the ability to move forward or back depending on needs. Worked well for me and easy to put in place.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
I am pretty short myself and find standing for more than a few minutes uncomfortable. I would greatly prefer to stand but the factory bars are sooo low! Risers will be my next purchase no doubt I just keep putting off measuring the spacing between the clamps. PowerMadd makes them in different heights and gets great reviews for around $55 shipped. I have never used them myself just read a bunch of reviews.

Tom

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What size are the TW Handlebars? I was looking on the Rox site and they don't list the TW

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Rick, I have Tusk risers but only 15mm which is all I needed. $20 bucks on ebay. They do have taller ones.
There you go again jamming me up with that mm stuff. Lol. 19/32 I can visualize. Would you even notice the difference raising them just over a half inch?

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
There you go again jamming me up with that mm stuff. Lol. 19/32 I can visualize. Would you even notice the difference raising them just over a half inch?
As I recall Werloc went that route to help alleviate wrist pain or hand numbness or something like that. Not really so much for the height. If I am wrong he will correct me:)

Tom

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Best deal I've seen so far

[video]http://www.powersportparts.net/Rox_Speed_FX_Pivoting_Risers_2in_fo_p/4699768.htm[/video]

·
Registered
6,352 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
ROX is 20 miles east of me. Friday a.m. I'm riding over there and Ryan told me that they would install a set of whatever I would like for material cost only. Sounds like a very nice and knowledgeable young man. Going to use them for a couple of weekends then I'll repost my opinion. Mark

·
Registered
1,092 Posts

I bought those a year and a half ago and have had zero problems with them. I am amazed at what a HUGE difference they made for standing up.

What I don't like about them is that I barely have enough cable length to accommodate the extra height. I re-routed cables as best I could and they are adequate, but just barely, when the steering is turned to full lock. If I were to do it again I think I would look for a 1.5" height.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts