TW200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of installing risers on my '96, about 1.75" up and 1.3" inches forward of the stock location. The front brake cable might be a bit short for this. Anybody out there do something similar on an older TW with drum front brake? Any issues? Thanks in advance for any info.

·
Super Moderator
18,052 Posts
I have the pro taper bars which are higher than stock and with those, I was able to get about 1 and 1/2 inch risers on them also. If you don't have aftermarket bars, you shouldn't have a problem. If you do, you can reroute the cables.
I'm thinking of installing risers on my '96, about 1.75" up and 1.3" inches forward of the stock location. The front brake cable might be a bit short for this. Anybody out there do something similar on an older TW with drum front brake? Any issues? Thanks in advance for any info.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the pro taper bars which are higher than stock and with those, I was able to get about 1 and 1/2 inch risers on them also. If you don't have aftermarket bars, you shouldn't have a problem. If you do, you can reroute the cables.
It doesn't look like there is a lot of ways to re-route the front brake cable, it needs to move up through the guides when the front suspension moves. Since you already have higher handlebars and a riser, it shouldn't be a problem for me. Now, to find a little free time at work to start fabrication of another set of "Scotti Risers" to match the '13's riding position.:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts