TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some info on how far I can raise my handlebars without having to mess with any wiring. Also wondering what people have done and liked.
2017 TW200
I am 6’1”

·
Registered
836 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Did Rox 2" risers with no change in wiring (isn't loose by any means, but required no extension). Feels like a totally different bike, frankly.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I'm 6' myself. I had tusk risers roughly 1" which helped a lot. But once I started standing up more I went to Rox 2" risers which are awesome since you can move them forward as well. Any more then 2" and you might have trouble with your cables but these took very little effort to install. Didn't have to move a thing except loosen the bars and put the riser in between.You can buy knock offs much cheaper on ebay if you dare but I ordered the proven brand name ones from fortnine.ca which shipped really quickly.

·
Registered
836 Posts
An update - I put the Rox 2" on my buddies Dub yesterday and we went for a ride - he kept saying it felt like it had power steering now.....better geometry along with being able to comfortably stand up. I put on a 1" riser first and it just wasn't quite enough. I'm 5"10" and stand most of the time on the trails now.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I added 2" Rox anti-vibration risers. I like the 2" rise for the same reasons as everyone else above (I'm 6'0"). They pivot too which really helps with the set-up. The anti-vibe is great. They're expensive but they remove almost all the buzz from the handlebars (and mirrors) even at highway speeds.

·
Registered
13,338 Posts
3.5" Rox: I had to reroute stuff; and was still tight and finicky about riser and bar placement.

PS: nihil - like the 5'14"
I guess that would make me 5'13" then. I think. :p

2" bar risers here and I still bend over, guess I should say hunch over like the OP describes it as bend over sounds kind of censor deleting like. I don't want to be deleted...or my post either!

·
Registered
209 Posts
I put these (see link) 2 inch risers on my Dub - all you need to do is cut a couple zip ties and they fit fine.....I am putting these on a friends TW today along with larger pegs, hand guards and longer shifter - the most important mods in my opinion - he's having the 241 front tire put on later this week

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rox-Speed-FX-2-Pivoting-Bar-Risers-for-7-8-Handlebar-Natural-1R-P2SSN/272311728453?epid=171201480&hash=item3f670b3945:g:jQwAAOSwdzVXjNP6
I used Rox 2” pivot risers with stock bars and did not have to extend cables.

#GYG
'13 TW200 Memphis TN

A.T.

·
Registered
634 Posts
+1 for the 2" Rox, fits great with no modification to wiring or other ancillaries, and makes a world of difference. I do wish I had another inch or so though, I'm 5'14" and still hunch down a bit when standing up.
As someone who is 1'53", I agree with the 2" Rox. Amazing how versatile those things are!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I added 2" Rox anti-vibration risers. I like the 2" rise for the same reasons as everyone else above (I'm 6'0"). They pivot too which really helps with the set-up. The anti-vibe is great. They're expensive but they remove almost all the buzz from the handlebars (and mirrors) even at highway speeds.
Hi John..Where did you get your Rox anti viibes from? Went for a ride today around your neighborhood, out past and up the fire hall road, Fingers tingling like mad... Must fix that otherwise will drive me nuts. Bigger grips too, I think?
Nice meeting you the other day! Will ride soon...

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to me, 2011 TW with 1120 mi. on the odo. Bought the ProTaper ATV SE High bars (not mounted yet) and was also interested in doing the Rox anti-vibration 2" risers . . . will this combination be too much for the stock wiring & cabling to accomodate? Anyone have experience with this combo?

Cletus

1 - 20 of 20 Posts