TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to ask as I'm a new owner of an '09.....are the handlebars typically offset like this? I don't notice anything odd when riding, but in sitting on it and looking at it as seen in the pic, the left side looks to have a different angle than the right.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
17,996 Posts
Previous owner dumped it perhaps?

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Mine are that way too, but it's not the bars... they're already new bars. I did a lot of testing trying to figure out why mine are crooked and haven't yet come up with a definitive answer.

But if your bars are stock, you have a good reason to upgrade.

·
Registered
7,109 Posts
My handle bars were turning right when the wheel was going straight -- if you know what I mean. It all worked fine but visually it bothered me.

What I did was to loosen the bolts that hold the fort tubes in place, stood in front of the bike with the wheel between my legs, muscled the handle bars until they were 90 degrees to the front wheel, then I tightened the bolts (using a torque wrench).

Watch video. He has a slightly different way.

I hope all this helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone; I'll stand in front of the bike to see what I can see once home. So happy to have the bike; had a great ride yesterday. It's been too long, the last bike was a 78 DT100....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts