TW200 Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Never had a problem "on" a horse

make rapid fire micro adjustments as you detect your center of gravity moving. Being on a horse changes how your body adjusts to decaying centers of gravity during turns because you align your body with the horse's center of gravity to take advantage of of gyroscopic forces that allow the horse to tilt and maintain stability at speed.
You have to counter steer them with your knees of course, but that's a minor detail

It's the "Getting off" a horse that I find problematic. Riding a horse is much like riding a Tiger in a lot of respects. As long as you stay on the thing, it can't kick you, and will only try to snap at your knees. It's when dismounting that you find out just what the horse thought about having you on its back. I do appreciate the "mood induced" ejector seat though - nice touch .....

·
Registered
953 Posts
Never had a problem "on" a horse

You have to counter steer them with your knees of course, but that's a minor detail

It's the "Getting off" a horse that I find problematic. Riding a horse is much like riding a Tiger in a lot of respects. As long as you stay on the thing, it can't kick you, and will only try to snap at your knees. It's when dismounting that you find out just what the horse thought about having you on its back. I do appreciate the "mood induced" ejector seat though - nice touch .....
Id like to see the concept of countersteering in something like barrel racing, instead of reigns, a handlebar will be attached with a linkage to the horses bridle bit.

Lean left, and push on the left side of the handlebar... see how that horse responds...

41 - 43 of 43 Posts