TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,

I've been debating on adding a set of the SU racks to my Tdub. I have a set on my XT and really like the setup, so this isn't really about asking opinions on the racks. Of course, feel free to share your experiences if you have them.

But mainly the reason for this post is that I'm hoping someone has a photo of these racks on their TW. All of the ones on HT's site are from rear quartering angles, or straight on from the rear. I have searched Google time and again and just can't seem to find photos of the SU racks on a TW from any other angles. I'd specifically like to see just straight one side shots if anyone has them. Or even from front quartering angles. Any you may have could prove useful, but I'd really like to see the bike with just the racks, and without panniers mounted, if possible. I'm trying to get a better perspective of how they fit on the bike so I can gauge how they'll work for my needs, interact with my other accessories, and how my various luggage setups may fit on the bike with these racks.

I have my XT set up as my ADV Lite bike. And now I'm trying to rationalize doing a similar setup on my TW... You know how it is... Rationalization of bike mods is something most of us do from time to time. Just can't get the idea out of my head, but maybe need some visual images to spur me along a bit so I can say, "Yeah, that'll work!"

And any all pictures of TWs with the HT SU racks mounted would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
29 Posts
Nice. I ordered a setup from them a couple of weeks ago. My estimated ship date is the 22nd of this month. I’m waiting patiently. Sort of.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice. I ordered a setup from them a couple of weeks ago. My estimated ship date is the 22nd of this month. I’m waiting patiently. Sort of.
Well that sucks. I was hoping that if I decided to order the racks that they would be here sooner... I have a SM500 trip planned for next month and while planning to use another bike, was kinda thinking of setting up the TW as a backup...

I don't remember it taking long at all to get the racks I ordered for the XT last year. Of course that was last year, and for a different bike so inventory obviously varies...

I did send them an email last night inquiring about the tool carrier plates, and asked them about expected delivery dates. Guess I'll see what they say when they reply.

Thanks for the heads up on the shipping times.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I've got a set(sides and top) I'm about to pull off my bike. They came with it and I don't see ever really needing that much storage. Shipping is probably a killer but I'm open to offers.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've got a set(sides and top) I'm about to pull off my bike. They came with it and I don't see ever really needing that much storage. Shipping is probably a killer but I'm open to offers.
You have a PM

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well that sucks. I was hoping that if I decided to order the racks that they would be here sooner... I have a SM500 trip planned for next month and while planning to use another bike, was kinda thinking of setting up the TW as a backup...

I don't remember it taking long at all to get the racks I ordered for the XT last year. Of course that was last year, and for a different bike so inventory obviously varies...

I did send them an email last night inquiring about the tool carrier plates, and asked them about expected delivery dates. Guess I'll see what they say when they reply.

Thanks for the heads up on the shipping times.
If you just want the SU racks, it might not be that bad. I literally ordered a whole setup because of what I need it for. SU, tail rack, inserts for the SU, tool carrier, and rotopax mounts.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you just want the SU racks, it might not be that bad. I literally ordered a whole setup because of what I need it for. SU, tail rack, inserts for the SU, tool carrier, and rotopax mounts.

Yeah. I was planning on the SU racks and the tool carrier as well as adding a tool carrier to the XT. I emailed for clarification about their descriptions of the tool carrier options, and asked about delivery times. They replied to expect 4 weeks from time of order to time of shipping...

Still debating on whether of not I really need them on this bike, but will more than likely go ahead and order them just because...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts