TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I recently inherited a 2015 tw with 36 miles and have been really enjoying the bike so far. This is my first post to the forum however I have been reading through this forum a lot and have already solved my carb issue, so I am hopeful that someone can help me with this. Along with the bike came some Wolfman bags and a Happy Trails SL rack. I have been trying to get the rack installed and it just does not seem like it is the correct rack. I have the exhaust side installed and the plastic over the exhaust pins itself against the rack. I have spent a lot of time trying to adjust this out and it appears as though this is the best I am going to get it to fit. Does anyone have one of these and have any insight into if this is the correct fitment?

20160307_104344.jpg

20160308_124038.jpg

Registered
Hi Pointysticks and welcome to the forum!

I don't have any experience with the Happy Trails racks, but from your pictures it appears that you may be installing the rack under the rear fender. This rack may be designed to be installed above the rear fender.

Hope this helps . . . . .

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Pointysticks and welcome to the forum!

I don't have any experience with the Happy Trails racks, but from your pictures it appears that you may be installing the rack under the rear fender. This rack may be designed to be installed above the rear fender.

Hope this helps . . . . .
Thanks for the insight. I think I know what you are talking about and I have tried to position the rack in many different ways. There is just no position that I can put it in where the plastic does not rub.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
As I mentioned, I inherited this bike and rack from my Uncle. I was under the assumption that Happy Trails wouldn't want to work with me given that I am not the original purchaser. After calling them today I could not have been more wrong. My experience today was without a doubt the best customer service I have ever had. The end result is that the rack was not correct and it is all being handled. I can't speak highly enough about Happy Trails customer service.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Registered
Good to hear we have another accessory company that stands behind their product top notch. You will also find that Cycle racks will jump through hoops and do flips to keep their customers totally satisfied. Any maker can run into a misfit issue or a manufacturing defect but apparently these two companies will make it right with no questions asked.

I just bought and installed a nice Bushnell red dot sight on one of my guns. The rings that come with it are of very poor design and cannot be tightened down on the picatinny rail of my gun. Bushnell made all sorts of excuses and all sorts of suggestions on how I can fix their mistake but down right refuse to send a better fitting set of rings. I bought another brand of rings that work perfect and crossed Bushnell off my list good companies.

GaryL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts