TW200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have pictures of these installed on a TW?
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I have the SU racks. They have extra mounting points and a "bumper" bar that connects the two racks together for extra support. It would be nice to see a picture or two of the SL racks on a TW, just because I know racks are made / mount differently for different bikes, and Happy Trails shows a different bike on their "SL Rack for TW200" page.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have the SU racks. They have extra mounting points and a "bumper" bar that connects the two racks together for extra support. It would be nice to see a picture or two of the SL racks on a TW, just because I know racks are made / mount differently for different bikes, and Happy Trails shows a different bike on their "SL Rack for TW200" page.
I think I am going to buy the SU racks instead of the cycle racks. How do you like it?

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I've only had the tail rack on for about a month, and put the SUs on last night. I think they're going to be great. TWilight would be more than happy to tell you how much he likes his, I'm sure. Looking at his while in Moab (and my Cycleracks breaking - again) is what compelled me to try them out.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I was hoping to see the SL racks, because it sounds like they mount directly to the bike, without the need for the rear rack, and the big 'boxy' look.

GTGalbraith

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
You don't need the rear rack for SUs, either (just putting it out there) TW200_su1.jpg

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Post 4 above, nothing Trent? No good pics anywhere? I didn't look, just pulled that stuff up for you thinking there might be...
Nah, no joy there. Obviously the manufacturer can't show pics of every rack they make on every bike out there, (well, I suppose they could, but...) that's why I was hoping someone here had a set on their bike.
Thanks though!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Do you know if you can start with the rear rack and then add the SUs later?
Yes, you can use either rack or both. I've had the rear rack on for a month and only put the SU on yesterday. The SU comes with spacers for if you don't have the tail rack.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts