TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

Β·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And, Thank You, Thank You Very Much!

Can't say how much I enjoy the FREEDOM of riding motorcycles that y'all have afforded us.

And, every other freedom as well ! ! !

It's sad so many in this great land that we all enjoy, and couldn't have it any better elsewhere, (or else they would be there) take it for granted and want to destroy it.

For that, I apologize.

But I, THANK YOU ! !

Including (alphabetical order) Fire, Nurses, Police and Rescue.

Overheard at a Physician's Convention when a doctor passed out;
"Is there a nurse in the house? Somebody please call 911!"

Marty

Β·
Super Moderator
18,387 Posts
Yes, Thanks all you fellow Veterans out there. The sacrifice is so much appreciated and just the fact you stepped forward and said Here am I, sent me! means more than any of us could fathom or express our thanks for. Thank You! I usually grab this old miserable vet who lives across the alley and hates the whole darn world and everyone it especially me and is the most miserable guy I ever met and we both go out for one of the Veteran special meals somewhere in town Darn it, I didn't even know Veterans day was upon me already until I saw this. Darn Van is still sitting out there with a dead battery. Sheeeeeet, I hate letting this guy down, don't think it's going to get done today though... 😑 It's one of the only times I can ever get him out for even a moment of pleasure in his life. I feel so sad he decided to just hate everyone and be miserable. We all get hurt at one time or another, I so wish he would have chosen any other way to deal with it than this and everyone tells me they used to all call him Smiley because he really was a happy guy and was always beaming ear to ear 24/7 How very sad. I haven't missed doing this for 16 or 17 years now. I am a bit upset about this, I've always done it since I met him and I'm 99.99 % absolutely sure he is waiting for me to take him today. This guy has spit at me, thrown things at me and cursed me up and down countless times gritting his teeth and raging showing his hate, he even threw a 20 dollar bill right out the window of the moving car I had given him to buy a couple groceries because he was broke and I tried to help him. I wish it was a 100 dollar bill now, but I was in kind of the same situation as he was. I even helped him 2 different times for 6 weeks the first time and 4 weeks the second time after operations daily bring him food, checking on him, and even changing bandages. It really confounds me how some people can hold in such hate it really does. I don't understand that at all, I don't. I'm only mentioning this because much later at about the 15 year mark of our (friendship??) and this guy hates me with everything he's got, and he hates Christians for whatever reason I will never know more than any one out there, out of the blue one day he says to me: out of the blue he says to me, "You're the only guy I can depend on" "You've proved yourself to me" I about fell over. This guy has only one other person he will talk to and that is a old girlfriend who so very mercifully lets him stay in one of her houses she owns and apparently me now. Still hates me just the same and maybe more now, but IF HE HAS to ask for help, who does he come to? Amazing and I will never understand such hate. But I will say that was the most meaningful and wonderful compliment anyone ever gave me!! I know of no other way to even begin to help him but just hang in there and keep doing the same thing I've been doing. Does something so simple but yet so hard as loving someone really work? Unconditionally, no matter what comes along or happens? I'm beginning to wonder...It just might. And don't any of you try to give me a pat on the back and a good job ol tommy boy because I will never deserve it, I'm the worst sinner here and have done horrible things to people in the past that I would be so ashamed if any of you knew. This trying to stand as an example of what God can do in a shattered-shell of a no-good messed up man and even just trying to love people as the years rolled by might just be working and to think, it only took 50 years, it's simply amazing to me but I think it just might be working, especially after a compliment like he gave me.

I'm more determined right now than ever, I'm getting that guy to the restaurant come hell or high water, it will be done.

*Sometimes I have to light a fire under someone's A EVEN if it's mine. This is getting done today. It just hit the very very top of my priority list.

Β·
Registered
189 Posts
A tip of the hat this morning to all who have served. You have my deepest respect and appreciation and it is my hope that God protect and bless each one of you.

A special nod to my stepdad, Dennis Groebe, who served two tours in Vietnam and another to my grandfather, Ed Dolan, who flew 25 successful missions as a tailgunner in a B17 in WWII. These two amazing men of unbending principle proudly served this country with dignity and honor and over my lifetime, through both word and action, they endeavored to teach me courage, duty, love, patience, and sacrifice and the immeasurable value of integrity and hard work.

To these two men, and to the rest who have worn a uniform in service to this country, I salute you and the ones who’ve served alongside you.

Β·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He is just the grumpier of you two Grumpy Old Men, Tommy! Don't let us find out you didn't get him to a restaurant somehow or another, Big-T. I don't care if it's on the back of your scooter. Come Hell or High Snow, you get said individual to an eats place. Failure is not an option. Now light a candle under your arse and get moving.

DO YOU HEAR ME, SOLDIER?
Move it, move it, MOVE IT!
Not that way, this way.

Right, Right, Right Left Right!

And remember, if all else fails, there is always pizza delivery.
Then you can find out how much he hates pepperoni and mozzarella as well.

Now Move It!

Β·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Salute to my fellow Vets, especially those fellow Vietnam Veterans βœˆπŸ›©

October 1969...Nha Trang Republic of Vietnam

pat v100 NT fixed 2020.jpg

Β·
Registered
14,039 Posts
Yes, Happy Veterans Day to all veterans.

Thanks to those who haven't served who support the Vets as well.

On a side note, I'll not be having my Annual Veterans Day Ride. I had a vision this morning and that vision told me not to go.

Β·
Registered
189 Posts
Many thanks to you, Ski, and to those in your line who served and forged the path before you.

Β·
Super Moderator
18,387 Posts
He is just the grumpier of you two Grumpy Old Men, Tommy! Don't let us find out you didn't get him to a restaurant somehow or another, Big-T. I don't care if it's on the back of your scooter. Come Hell or High Snow, you get said individual to an eats place. Failure is not an option. Now light a candle under your arse and get moving.

DO YOU HEAR ME, SOLDIER?
Move it, move it, MOVE IT!
Not that way, this way.

Right, Right, Right Left Right!

And remember, if all else fails, there is always pizza delivery.
Then you can find out how much he hates pepperoni and mozzarella as well.

Now Move It!
Why you rotten son of.....hahahahaha rolling in laughter here. I love you brother!! Don't know why, but I do!!! and the vans still broke out there, trying to muster up some help for the last few hours but he's ignoring me and I even tip him real nice, like I had any extra in the first place...but sadly I don't have one minute available to spare to go do it myself. So I had already come up with the same conclusion you did, I'll try to get one for the grumpy one, one for the not paying attention neighbor who I could really wish he'd get back to me..like from about yesterday now... and one for myself since I can barely cook an egg and I'm still trying to figure out how to boil water, yes, I'm really that lame. Any would you believe I even gave old grumpy my own car and went without anything and not even a bike for about 5 years, was he ever thankful? Maybe inside... but it's incredible to me and I don't care anyway that that guy hates me more than anything still I know within my heart, I must just keep doing the same thing. Thanks for the laugh, and I know you're a good man yourself so....carry on!!!

with lots of love,
tommy

Β·
Super Moderator
18,387 Posts
Reporting in, I followed through. Grumpy is over there eating his Pizza. Mine's cold probably by now and luckily Katy can't quite reach the counter to get it all, but if she could... It would be gone about an hour ago and there wouldn't be one piece left for old Papa. But she couldn't and I'm slightly caught up with at least a couple important things done, so it's my turn now. Git out the way, here come's tommy like a snowball rolling downhill!!!
LOOK OUT EVERYBODY BEFORE YOU GET ROLLED OVER AND MOWED DOWN!! I'm Starved. πŸ˜‡

Reactions: admiral

Β·
Super Moderator
18,387 Posts
And ol Scooter you...I laugh when I remember how after you first joined and I was trying to get one over on you and bless you a tiny bit and you were thinking the same thing for me and slipped a nice treat my way. A man after my own heart. Well done Sir, now get to work and stop sitting around so lazy like and go wash the dishes or cut the yard or anything, but git off your duff and get busy, NOW!!! :LOL:

Reactions: Scooterbrained

Β·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So does Walter hate pepperoni and mozzarella?

Β·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So, one can get donuts as a pizza topping? Interesting, so I suppose they use the correct spelling, DOUGHNUTS!

Β·
Super Moderator
18,387 Posts

Β·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yep, since he hates everything else.

Β·
Super Moderator
18,387 Posts
I deleted my post above and two below it since they wouldn't make sense now.

Β·
Super Moderator
5,644 Posts
An outrageous attempt at censorship - I demand my constitutional rights !

Oh, hang on - I don't have any over here

Bugger .....

Β·
Super Moderator
18,387 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts