TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
I love Harleys but was never much of a sportster fan. I have been entertaining the thought of a soft tail deluxe in the near future. I love the vintage style with the fat ass front tire and skirted fender. I DO have to admit though, the photo of the one in the link with the bags looks kinda cool. I don't think I could bring myself to own a (883) but the 1200 looks like a grown up bike.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Ha, Im exactly the opposite. I hate Harelys but love my sportsters. :)

·
Registered
485 Posts
Ha, Im exactly the opposite. I hate Harelys but love my sportsters. :)
TWROG is that you and the bike in this photo? If that's your bike ....damn I love the paint. And the fenderless front. Very cool looking rig. The pic that Borneo put up is cool too. Don't get me wrong, I'd never hate on a sportster, I'm just not an enthusiast. I'm a fairly big guy and at 6-4 , 295 lbs., when I sit on a 883, I look like one of those clowns on a tote goat at a shriner's parade. A 1200 fits me better but a 100 CI fits me even better ; ) Like Borneo, I'd have to have some disposable cash to consider buying one. For a soft tail deluxe I'd have no problems financing one because I'd keep it.

Borneo said:
I've always had big ones
TWSS

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
I'd like to have the sport model.With more ground clearance and dual front disc it make a nice back road scratcher.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I've always had big ones, but if I had the money (and spousal approval) I would walk right in the door and lay it down on a 48. Gosh, I think they are beautiful.

View attachment 13360
Yeah I love my 48 :)

DSCN0737.JPG

TWROG is that you and the bike in this photo? If that's your bike ....damn I love the paint. And the fenderless front. Very cool looking rig. The pic that Borneo put up is cool too. Don't get me wrong, I'd never hate on a sportster, I'm just not an enthusiast. I'm a fairly big guy and at 6-4 , 295 lbs., when I sit on a 883, I look like one of those clowns on a tote goat at a shriner's parade. A 1200 fits me better but a 100 CI fits me even better ; ) Like Borneo, I'd have to have some disposable cash to consider buying one. For a soft tail deluxe I'd have no problems financing one because I'd keep it.

TWSS
My sig pic? Yeah thats me and the girlfriend on a camping trip close to the Dragon. Of course while we were there we had to take the dragon a few times :) The sporty makes a good 2 up camping machine too :)

IMG_20140710_170219.jpg

I'd like to have the sport model.With more ground clearance and dual front disc it make a nice back road scratcher.
Havent made the roadster or the XR for some time in the states. I briefly dabbled in the sport bike world, Im just too damm old, my body dont fold that way anymore :) I had the sportiest sportster made.............a Buell :)

2014-09-27.jpg

·
Registered
807 Posts
I thought the Buell was going to be my replacement for the KZ.....................Im glad I held on to the KZ :) Aside from the Buell its the best handling bike Ive ever owned. Besides..........shes old school and I like that.....think Ill keep her.

IMAG0986.jpg

·
Registered
807 Posts
Speakiing of old school. I had a 1975 Ironhead sportster. I liked it............hated the constant maintenance :)

DSCN0715.JPG

·
Registered
807 Posts
Oh......... :) To keep more on topic, yet another sporty I had turned into a bagger of sorts. I liked her too but baggers get boring to me.

DSCN0379.JPG

Ok...........Ill stop now :)

·
Registered
807 Posts
True they're small. But you cant beat the looks of a peanut tank. And at 53 MPG out of a 1200 Im ready to stop when I need gas :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts