TW200 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Read Only
1,175 Posts
Not a cruiser? Are they sure?

My problem with the Street line: While all Harleys are sold on coolness and nostalgia factors rather than being a 'good' motorcycle, the quality of the bikes themselves is actually quite good. The Street line on the other hand is built to a price to enter foreign markets and it shows. Everything about them seems *to me* to be of the cheapest grade possible while still being good enough to outlast the warranty. It's to early really to say now, but I seriously doubt they'll doing 100 thousand miles with no problems like the other Harleys. Just my two cents though.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I think "750" is it's dry weight... It is a Harley after all.

·
Read Only
1,175 Posts
Go test ride a 750.

I did. Nice bike. good power. Handled well.

longevity?
crapshoot.
Take one apart. You probably be less impressed. The only thing that engine shares with the vRod is the 'Revolution' name. From what I've seen I definitely would not even come close to considering it when there are several well made Japanese middle weight cruisers built with actual quality.

If it were my money, I'd get a Bolt C Spec [or a Triumph Speedmaster- but that's Sportster money, not Street money].

·
Registered
545 Posts
Heres my Harley Non Cruiser.
1999 Buell M2 with 1203 Harley Evo engine with a tad more than 47 Ft pounds of torque,
Seems like Harley didn't like Eric Buell,
m2.jpg
Lets look at Harley,
Hire Buell,
He designs the best handling Harley the FX series,
He healed and buys tons of Harley engines and transmissions,
Harley buys Buell shares tilt they own 51% or more,
Harley says they want to concentrate on cruisers,
Then part ways and stop selling Buell engines,
Buell goes to Rotax and builds some serious bikes,
Now harley wants to build something "Sporty?"
~ ~
I like my Buell,
I also like my 84 Harley FLH,
For the time being,
Ill stay with carburetored bikes,
Peter B

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
I cant vouch for reliability. And I certainly would not expect anything near a v rod.
I think the 500 and 750 are made in India or Thailand. Not sure.
When you go into the dealer and look at them, they down talk the Steets and steer you to a Sporty or Dyna.
I rode a 750 anyway when my stepson tested a sportster. The 750 out did the 1200 sportster in every category but fit and finish and peer acceptance. All his friends had 1200 sportsters

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
545 Posts
I cant vouch for reliability. And I certainly would not expect anything near a v rod.
I think the 500 and 750 are made in India or Thailand. Not sure.
When you go into the dealer and look at them, they down talk the Steets and steer you to a Sporty or Dyna.
I rode a 750 anyway when my stepson tested a sportster. The 750 out did the 1200 sportster in every category but fit and finish and peer acceptance. All his friends had 1200 sportsters

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Seems odd,
The 1200 has some torque
I guess that passing emissions on an air cooled engine vs a water cooled may cause the air cooled 1200, "74" inch engine to run leaner?

·
Registered
545 Posts
I wish they made a dual sport. I love to buy American products.
Made from a Harley but in my opinion, looks cooler than any Harley.

CARDUCCI DUAL SPORT, LLC
141 S. Taaffe, #70312
Sunnyvale, CA 94086
USA

Carducci Dual Sport.png

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Not a cruiser? Are they sure?
Bingo. I was just thinking the same thing. It's got dual rear shocks, a low-hanging exhaust that's out to the side too far... I just couldn't take it seriously as a sport bike (or even as "not a cruiser"), but to be fair, I've always felt that way about all Harleys (there is no road legal HD ever made or built, ever, that can compete with a Japanese sport bike in terms of speed and handling). In fairness, I have, in recent years, gained a lot of insight into motor vehicles in general, and that insight has allowed me to understand the value of something that actually works, which, contrary to my beliefs of a few years ago, some Harleys certainly do. I knew a guy at my local big four dealer who had a Harley with over 150k on the original motor, for example. Having dealt with a lot of bull shit vehicle problems over the years, that's something I can respect. But not a cruiser? That's crossing the line, lol.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts