TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a crazy nice 2008 1200 sportster super low with 8,300 miles and one owner $5,700
The bike is mostly stock accept for screaming eagle intake and vance and hines slip on mufflers.
I wanna put the stock oem harley slip on mufflers back on the bike. I have tinnitis (ringing in ear) but I will also be wearing ear plugs. Will I be able to leave the intake or will I have to go back to stock air cleaner? I dont know anything about harleys. I have done tons of research and found the sportster evolution engine from 04-12 is the most reliable harley ever made and makes.
Thanks for any info...

·
Registered
33 Posts
The XL forum is a great group of folks and can answer just about any question you may have. Love my 2001 evo sporty. You'll probably be ok with the S.E. air filter. It's fuel injected so it should be fine, but ask on the forum, they'll be glad to help.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Since both those parts are very easy to install chances are the owner didnt have it tuned so Id say your good. Even if he did have it tuned going back to stock exhaust just means it may run a little rich. Youll be able to tell once you start riding it. You can leave the AC alone if you want.

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
Intake and exhaust are a system that should be changed together with a change in jetting. If I were you I would either stay all stock or an increased air flow system with appropriate jetting for either. I have after market cycle shack mufflers with a screaming eagle intake and had to rejet. Can't imagine going back.
Cro's got it here. A proper stage-1 set-up includes air intake and exhaust done together. Harley makes a Screaming Eagle programmable tuner to bring it all together right. Used right, expect 5+ HP gain or more which is a huge difference. Do it right.

·
Registered
297 Posts
You will be richening the mix back up, and that's good as these bikes come very lean from HD. Doubtful that the previous owner did anything to re-map ecu, most don't. So-you'll actually be helping it. (But most likely, you'll still be too lean)-1996 2000 2001 2004 2009 (Sportsters i've had) -Glenn

1 - 7 of 7 Posts