TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Funny they never say what the power is. Not that it matters, Harley's are not really about power. If you want a high powered machine your likely not in the market for a twin cam Harley.

I do wonder if it is a attempt to get back a few lost sales to Victory (myself included). But again power was not my deciding factor. I was fine with even the 96cubic inch harley motor, for me it was the fact that the freedom 106 Vic motor was better engineered ran cooler and was easier to maintain.

What I do find interesting is the supposed updated sporty suspension. That if done right could make the sportys a lot more appealing.

Registered
Harley dosnt publish horsepower, they do publish torque though. The 110 makes 109 ft-lbs @ 3500 RPM. Was curious what the 8 ball made, Victory doesnt publish ANY power specs. :)

I really dont know much about the big twins so I cant really say anything about em. The changes on the sporty are interesting but not interesting enough to make me want one, Ill keep mine :)

Registered
image.jpg
The freedom 106/6 in the Vegas or any of there cruiser model bikes post 2010 makes 110lbs/tq as claimed by the manufacturer in most of there adds. The touring bikes make I believe 106lbs/tq.

Those victory adds are why I question if Harley is after lost sales to victory. They have been touting the performance "advantage" for years and now Harley is coming back saying they have increased there's.

But like I said these bikes are not about power and what not. And power is not want I think really sways potential buyers one way or the other (just look at the sales failure of Harley's v-rod series despite out performing the rest of there lineup). Performance is certainly not what swayed me to the victory. (Physical fit, smarter design, better cooling, superior value, and easier Maintenance). I have ridden most of Harley's line up over the years (the dealers my neighbour) and though I do like many Harley models there is yet to be a big twin or sporty that ticks enuff boxes for me to pull the trigger. I came close twice once with a Buell xb12ss (opted to keep the v-strom I had) and again recently with a dyna street bob (opted for the victory for above mentioned reasons).

If all out performance is what Cruisers riders were looking for it would not be cruisers they would shop for.

Registered
Usually with Harley v-twins. Horsepower is slightly less than that of the torque figure. They need more torque than horsepower because of the number of dead revolutions between twin cylinder fires. The usual dynamics of a four stroke engine first you have fire then you have exhaust stroke then you have intake stroke then you have compression then you finally get a powerstroke. Not conducive to high horse power high rpm. But they sound beautiful.

Read Only
Harley dosnt publish horsepower, they do publish torque though. The 110 makes 109 ft-lbs @ 3500 RPM. Was curious what the 8 ball made, Victory doesnt publish ANY power specs. :)

I really dont know much about the big twins so I cant really say anything about em. The changes on the sporty are interesting but not interesting enough to make me want one, Ill keep mine :)
From what i could find hardley's 110 makes 95 hp,110 torques, while the victory has 98 hp and 106 torques. So near as makes no difference the same power...

Registered

Registered
Ive never seen a bagger that caught my eye from any manufacture.....so Ill let yall hash that out :)

An interesting note when going over the new specs. Ive yet to hear anyone talk about, the sporty LOST 10 pounds! I think that is a first for Harley, theyve never lost weight :)

Registered
Ive never seen a bagger that caught my eye from any manufacture.....so Ill let yall hash that out :)

An interesting note when going over the new specs. Ive yet to hear anyone talk about, the sporty LOST 10 pounds! I think that is a first for Harley, theyve never lost weight :)
Just hope they did not get the weight savings by using cheaper parts.

Registered
Haha, sorry, no :) That just screams UGLY (most baggers do). Somewhere in there I think theres a motorcycle waiting to get out :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts