TW200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now I have some pro taper fat bars that give me some rise and a pro taper 7/8 to 1/1/8 riser block (.75"). After getting my seat concepts seat I want the bar higher. It also has just been too low to stand with.

I am likely going to get a new throttle cable +3" and a new SS brake line +3" but I wonder if I am pushing it for the clutch and various other electrical wires.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I'm thinking you will need to do some work with both clutch cable and wiring. With 2" Rox pivots I was at the limit of clutch and wires. I had to remove them from the OEM fixtures to get lock to lock steering without stress.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I put on honda fatcat bars that have a 3.5 inch rise with no problems other than the following: You have to reroute some cables and wires. My brake hose is from a tri z 250 and may be longer than stock, so i can say that if you reroute stuff and get a longer brake hose youll be ok. The taller bars make a huge difference in terms of rider comfort and confidence.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm thinking you will need to do some work with both clutch cable and wiring. With 2" Rox pivots I was at the limit of clutch and wires. I had to remove them from the OEM fixtures to get lock to lock steering without stress.
I kind of figured I was pushing it :D. I will likely just go with 2" since I don't want a ton of grief.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts