TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This looks like it might be a pretty cool bike for the backroad riding that I do. Has anyone ever tried one? What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
I saw one cruising near my work the other day. That's all I've got for you, LOL. It's not really for me.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know what you mean. I think maybe they missed the boat a little in the styling department with the goofy looking tank and the crazy three piece rear fender. The massive disc brakes and 400 cc Husqvarna motor really appeal to me though. It looks like it might be better on back roads than off roads. Sometime I would like to look at one up close.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I test rode one recently and loved the seating position and motor. Looks are in the eye of the beholder.

It's definitely a back roads explorer/carver that can handle some gravel. I would not be doing any OHV trails or single track with it. But it's not intended for that.

As you've noted, prices have dropped significantly with more drops on leftovers coming with the 2020 updates. You can beat the Pittsburgh price FWIW.

I would be on one if the Husqvarna dealer wasn't 80+ miles away. My past experience with KTM tells me I want a dealer somewhat convenient. I did tell my wife we need to move somewhere with a KTM dealer before the 390 Adventure drops...

I ended up with my first choice, a WR250R, after many test rides on the other 250s, a few DRZs and the Svartpilen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts