TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What happened to my post about their third message to America? Have we been invaded? AAAiiiieeeeee.....My beheading will be posted under General Discussion or perhaps Performance and Modification.:eek:

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Yes, Xracer, you will be "MODIFIED" by ISIS, Infidel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
913 Posts
Send ISIS up here to Montana. We are running out of TARGETS. We need more "cans" to shoot. AfganaCANs will work just fine.

(Sorry for the BAD joke, I am getting close to 400 posts and I am just making stuff up.)

·
Registered
19,575 Posts
The Silent Censorship was at work. Notice how the number of posts and likes numbers and associated logs disappeared too? Xracer it is like you never wrote what you apparently never wrote. Ooooh...hopefully we won't disappear too.:D

·
Registered
132 Posts
The rules have clearly been defined:

Update:

Political posts and threads will not be allowed moving forward.

This is not censorship. There is a time and a place for conversations of this nature. A motorcycle forum is not that place. If you would like to discuss things on a political forum, check out US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum.

TW200Forum.com is about off road motorcycling and things that pertain to that subject.

·
Registered
19,575 Posts
Correction NickJ; this is censorship. Be honest.
You clearly quote that political posts and threads will not be allowed moving forwards. The selective removal of any written material certainly constitutes censorship I believe, and so does my dictionary. And certainly deciding what comments are deemed political, much less which of these are deemed to have crossed over a line is a political decision in of itself. For example will you remove this thread if I say "God Bless America"? , or " I like America"? Probably not, I hope, for while obviously political these statements are mainstream and inoffensive by and large. While political they do not cross the line for needing removal (i.s. censoring).
Certainly this forum can, and does, censor certain things. I understand why. I actually approve. I just don't like a false claim of no censorship.
The first step in being honest with others is to be honest with oneself.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Join date of June 2013 and only 98 posts. Just stating what I'm seeing. Nickj, Did you change your handle, or have you only been here that long? I was a member of the old forum and have tried to contribute since walking out into the open. The censorship issue has me concerned here. I am not trying to bait you. But do hope that history is not being quietly rewritten from behind the curtain with a keyboard that has an author with a hidden agenda.

I echo that the aforementioned actions do constitute censorship. I used to contribute to the Crosman forum. My input there has gone to nil in the past few years as the flavor became too bland for me.

·
Registered
19,575 Posts
I am sorry for busting the chops of the administrator who has difficult job of maintaining reasonable decorum here. After all they do deserve credit for letting us step over the line in "Off-Topics" a bit. It is just that the line is so poorly defined as everything is political if you think about it a bit. I had thought that last time we went through this off-topic censorship discussion members were given liberty for a broad range of self expression as long as it was not deliberately offensive, racist, derogatory, or profane among other caveats. A strict interpretation of these general rules should have resulted in removal of many a postings still accessible to forum members. Since they were not I should express gratitude for the administrator's liberal and generous interpretation of their marching orders to date.
Thanks, and sorry if I appear/appeared as a trouble maker.
And if I get banned for pointing out existence of censorship then it has been great knowing you all. Happy Trails, ride safe.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Fred, Don't get all nervous on me. We're not beating him up or anything like that. Facts is facts, and if I state something that is not correct, I would hope you to be there to call me on it. I've been wrong before, and would hate to go on in ignorance when someone could have enlightened me to the error of my ways or thoughts. I'm kind of simple; I like proof. Quoting sources is appreciated by me.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Join date of June 2013 and only 98 posts. Just stating what I'm seeing. Nickj, Did you change your handle, or have you only been here that long? I was a member of the old forum and have tried to contribute since walking out into the open. The censorship issue has me concerned here. I am not trying to bait you. But do hope that history is not being quietly rewritten from behind the curtain with a keyboard that has an author with a hidden agenda.

I echo that the aforementioned actions do constitute censorship. I used to contribute to the Crosman forum. My input there has gone to nil in the past few years as the flavor became too bland for me.
Kind of like a certain White House Resident.....:satellite: 18 months in the Senate and then all of a sudden, he's in charge...WFT?:confused:

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I am sorry for busting the chops of the administrator who has difficult job of maintaining reasonable decorum here. After all they do deserve credit for letting us step over the line in "Off-Topics" a bit. It is just that the line is so poorly defined as everything is political if you think about it a bit. I had thought that last time we went through this off-topic censorship discussion members were given liberty for a broad range of self expression as long as it was not deliberately offensive, racist, derogatory, or profane among other caveats. A strict interpretation of these general rules should have resulted in removal of many a postings still accessible to forum members. Since they were not I should express gratitude for the administrator's liberal and generous interpretation of their marching orders to date.
Thanks, and sorry if I appear/appeared as a trouble maker.
And if I get banned for pointing out existence of censorship then it has been great knowing you all. Happy Trails, ride safe.
Fred, you are the voice of reason...sadly most of us cannot now figure out just what the Hell good "Off Topic" is....if this is about Motorcycles only, which is fine, and the TW in particular, why do we need a "Basement"?:cool:

·
Registered
814 Posts
May I talk about the book Animal Farm as long as I stay within the metaphoric use of animals? Paraphrasing, out of the horses mouth, "Dem pigs is lookin' like farmers". Double entendre of a Freudian slip puts one right on the cusp of a ban hammer. Hopefully that pop fly went right over their heads. Whoa....we talking literature or sports. I think everything is political. Anyone seen the aluminum foil? My head's gettin' cold. So, yes I am quite guilty of deliberately introducing ambiguity into my text.

Or why have an off topic, if you can't get off topic. What the ....

1 - 20 of 89 Posts