TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last Thursday evening my two oldest boys and I drove down from Marietta Ohio to Twin Hollow campgrounds in Gilbert WV (about a 3 hour drive) We met a bunch of my family (siblings and parents) down there and the plan was to get up early Friday and hit the Rockhouse trail head. I rode my 2019 TW200 while the rest of my family and sons rode in side by sides. We completed an 80 mile loops in about 10 hours an had a great ride! There is some real variety in the terrain out there! long flowy sandy trails, mud holes, loose rocky hill climbs, just really something for everyone! I was surprised that I didn’t dump the bike once in 80 miles, can’t wait to go back and do it again! Here are a few pics from the ride.

Attachments

·
Registered
723 Posts
Haven’t been there since about 2002, but when I went it was great also. I was amazed at the amount of trail riding one could pack into a few days. Really great systems up there. Thanks for sharing and the great pics. I love family rides.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Great places to ride!! Been once... in '05 or '06 on my Big Red (3-wheeler). Itching to get back up there.

How were the trails dust wise while there?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Great places to ride!! Been once... in '05 or '06 on my Big Red (3-wheeler). Itching to get back up there.

How were the trails dust wise while there?
Not sure about dust but, by the looks of the bike, a fair amount of maybe muddy water or, at least some water crossings.
Scott

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dust wasn’t too bad at all, they had gotten a lot of rain a few day prior so it kept the dust down and there was a lot of mud puddles 2”- 14” deep (just perfect for the TW!) I definitely agree that the green (Beginner) trails really do have some sketchy sections and hill climbs too! We stayed on the blue and green trails and I was surprised at the difficulty in some sections.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yeah, the Beginner trails aren't really "Beginner" per say, you have to have some experience. There were parts of Blue & Black that were easy, but of course didn't last long. I did some of the Black trails on Big Red by myself, and some of the climbs were pretty gnarly!! Although I felt pretty comfortable & confident..... finally thought better of it, and turned around "just in case".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts