TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a camper on my Silverado pick-up which makes it impossible to haul my bike on the back bumper. I am considering putting a hitch on the front of the truck and hauling up front but I want to discuss it with someone who is already doing this. Anyone out there hauling their bike on the front of their truck?

·
Registered
445 Posts
I remember someone on the old forum doing this and having an issue with the fat tires blocking the headlights.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I had a hitch mount receiver installed on the front of my small motorhome. It has a Ford chassis. This spring, I pulled my Suzuki Grand Vitara behind and carried my Tw on the front of the motorhome on a trip to St. George and Moab, Utah. It did work great; I did limit my night time driving and had no trouble with the lights. The TW would have partially blocked my head lights so, knowing this, I just planned changing locations for daylight.

Happy Trails All

Ron in Boise

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nice to know. If I do this I think I will have some headlamps installed on the rack. I am surprised that this is not done much for those that have campers in the pickup.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
I've done it as well. I have a Dodge 3500 diesel DRW with a Northern lite camper. The bike blocks the headlights, cuts down on air flow to the engine, gets covered with bugs and road grime, but it works. It also was kind of heavy with an aftermarket bumper, diesel engine, and the heavy bike carrier on there. Once we bought Mrs Trip her own bike, I started pulling an enclosed trailer instead.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts