TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lots of good adventure and tutorial videos out there. Certainly I have bombarded you folks with hundreds of mine.
However one I have always liked and inspired me to get an action camera is an early one from our TinyWheel200 back when his stock TW was a far cry from it's evolved current condition.
Hard not to want to go our riding after watching some of this:

I can see I am not the only one who often has a left foot hanging down poised for an up-shift but in danger's path. I'm currently healing up from when a boulder tried to fold my moccasin clad foot around the foot peg....something had to give and it wasn't the foot peg this time.:cool:

·
Registered
19,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
One of my older ones I like not so much for the crude cinematography but rather for the quality of the ride and company I was with. This was the tail end of a two-tank long day's ride when we were just trying to get back to camp after countless miles, a mountain peak, both sides of the sierras, 9 alpine lakes, twisty pavement, steep narrow 28% switchbacks and countless rocks. Just the final 1.5 miles but oh so pretty...I want to go back.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yeah nice video , I was wondering, when you go out trail riding ? Do you go out alone or with other riders ? I mean , if you were out alone in that video and you got into trouble , it could be a nasty ending especially with all that snowy weather and the cold conditions, I assume you plan a route and have a start time and a estimated finish time and place where people can reach you if you don’t turn up ,especially if the bike decided to fail , imagine trying to repair a broken chain with frozen fingers etc !,,,

·
Registered
19,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Historically I usually ride solo & simply leave the wife a photocopy of National Forest map with intended camp locations identified along with promises to check in should I ride through somewhere with cell coverage. Usually somewhere on a day's ride the message will go out on its own. Not always though. For example I went days without coverage when I returned to same area.

These areas are accessible only in the long warm days of summer though so little environmental risks.
Group rides are admittedly more safe as long as no one finds they need to ride far over their head. Every ride seems to have a surprise challenge though.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Historically I usually ride solo & simply leave the wife a photocopy of National Forest map with intended camp locations identified along with promises to check in should I ride through somewhere with cell coverage. Usually somewhere on a day's ride the message will go out on its own. Not always though. For example I went days without coverage when I returned to same area.

These areas are accessible only in the long warm days of summer though so little environmental risks.
Group rides are admittedly more safe as long as no one finds they need to ride far over their head. Every ride seems to have a surprise challenge though.
:D
Wow Fred !!! , that’s a hell of a water feature in your back yard 😆😆😆😆, how beautiful that place is, I wish we had those types of places and the nice weather here in England ?, unfortunately we don’t , it’s normally wet and cold :cautious:
Love the video

·
Registered
19,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not exactly my back yard, and the routes in there thwarted me with either high water or significant erosion this last summer. Too bad, one of the prettiest TW destinations I know. Plenty of room to roam elsewhere though.

Here is some of the route, a significant but nowhere near overwhelming challenge for a solo TW200. More a case of mind over matter reinforced with a bit of optimism.

·
Registered
19,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Larry puts out some good videos of good scenic ride destinations.

·
Registered
13,401 Posts
This is one of my favorite TW videos. Maybe some or all of them are Forum members but I don't knowingly know these guys.

·
Registered
19,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Those guys are good whoever they are.
Fun to see of the some of the places we've been through the eyes of others, especially when they have a drone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts